Changing pronunciation

Mike Rogers

Hi folks.
Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Maria Campbell

Now that is most weird. Are you using some kind of Braille display that might be doing that?

Something to try is pressing the insert v in your email program, look for language detect change under reading options and make sure it is not checked.

Good luck.

lucky1inct@gmail.com
Faithfulness does not begin with large tasks-if it is not present in small things, it does not exist at all.

On 3/7/2017 8:30 PM, Mike Rogers wrote:
Hi folks.
Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Alyssa <lyssassong@...>

It is indeed.

What version of JAWS are you using? Maybe a settings reset is in order?

[...]

No braille display, using latest Jaws 18.3 and this happens in whatever program I'm using. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 22:00:56 -0500
"Alyssa" <lyssassong@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

1. You press Insert-D, then Control-Shift-D, then enter.
2. Write in the word you want to change.
3. Tab once. Then, you'll have to play around to get JAWS to
say something close to what you want, as in the case of my
friend, Nina, Nine a and Jim's malady, psoriasis, sor I
isis.
4. Then tab to OK.
5. Hit F4. Save changes.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation
of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as
gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by
pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I know this is not my thread, but I'm nosy; why not use the dictionary? I'm missing something.

Ted

Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation
of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as
gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by
pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

This related to pronouncing words, as I understand it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I know this is not my thread, but I'm nosy; why not use the
dictionary? I'm missing something.

Ted

Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation
of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as
gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by
pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

So is the dictionary, but we're obviously talking about something very different.

This related to pronouncing words, as I understand it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I know this is not my thread, but I'm nosy; why not use the
dictionary? I'm missing something.

Ted

Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation
of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as
gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by
pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@...>

Carolyn is talking about the dictionary. Her instructions are correct. She just omitted that it was the dictionary that she was giving instructions for.
Regards
Tom Bisset

So is the dictionary, but we're obviously talking about something very different.

This related to pronouncing words, as I understand it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I know this is not my thread, but I'm nosy; why not use the dictionary? I'm missing something.

Ted

Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

Mike Rogers

Yes. We are dealing with making Jaws say a word the way I want it to.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 19:20:25 +0000
"Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)" <ted.lisle@ky.gov> wrote:

So is the dictionary, but we're obviously talking about something very different.

This related to pronouncing words, as I understand it.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I know this is not my thread, but I'm nosy; why not use the
dictionary? I'm missing something.

Ted

Could somebody give me the steps to change the pronunciation
of words. Jaws is pronuncing male as ma-lee and Gmail as
gram's mail. Annoying. I've tried to change it, by
pressing insert - d, but nothing gerts changed.
Thanks.
Mike

www.harmonicaworkshops.com
www.woodeneyemusic.com