From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sandra Streeter
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: opening jpegs

Hello, everyone,

I have a jpeg of a marketing brochure that I can’t open. Would JAWS be able to read that once it is open? Any suggestions for opening, then reading, it??

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)

Sandra Streeter

Plus, haven’t used OCR ever... I really want to forward it to some people, and would like to have just the attachment and not the main body of the email, for those I plan to send it to. So, backtracking a bit, how do I bring up JAWS OCR?

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: opening jpegs

If it’s a regular attachment in an email, you should be able to shift tab up, from the message body, then right arrow over to the attached .jpg image. Click on that and the pic should come up on screen. Then you might be able to bring up the JAWS OCR and hopefully it’ll read it to you?

I haven’t tried any of the above  yet, I usually just print up the .jpg, and then scan it on my scanner through Open Book.

This works, but it’s a royal PITA!

I have a jpeg of a marketing brochure that I can’t open. Would JAWS be able to read that once it is open? Any suggestions for opening, then reading, it??

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Insert, space bar, O key, D key: Opens up OCR program to read unredable PDF’s or documents.

Insert, space bar, Okey,S key: readsthe entire screen.

Insert, space bar, O key, C key: reads a controlled element.

Insert space bar, O key, W key: reads the whole windo.

Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:53 PM

If it’s a regular attachment in an email, you should be able to shift tab up, from the message body, then right arrow over to the attached .jpg image. Click on that and the pic should come up on screen. Then you might be able to bring up the JAWS OCR and hopefully it’ll read it to you?

I haven’t tried any of the above  yet, I usually just print up the .jpg, and then scan it on my scanner through Open Book.

This works, but it’s a royal PITA!

I have a jpeg of a marketing brochure that I can’t open. Would JAWS be able to read that once it is open? Any suggestions for opening, then reading, it??

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi,

Thanks for this.

What is meant by a controlled element?

Thanks again, Keith

If it’s a regular attachment in an email, you should be able to shift tab up, from the message body, then right arrow over to the attached .jpg image. Click on that and the pic should come up on screen. Then you might be able to bring up the JAWS OCR and hopefully it’ll read it to you?

I haven’t tried any of the above  yet, I usually just print up the .jpg, and then scan it on my scanner through Open Book.

This works, but it’s a royal PITA!

I have a jpeg of a marketing brochure that I can’t open. Would JAWS be able to read that once it is open? Any suggestions for opening, then reading, it??

Sandra

Not “Revelation” – tis – that waits
But our unfurnished eyes –
(Emily Dickinson)

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

Keith, someone sent me those keyboard commands. I have no idea either, of what  those control elements are!