Accessible password managers

Cristóbal

Hello list,

Looking for an accessible password manager on both the Windows with Jaws and iOS platforms if possible. Paid is fine.

I tried looking in the archives as I know this topic has come up before, but it was quite difficult sifting through so many threads and posts to find anything. Thanks,

Cristobal

Cristóbal,

           I would recommend you take a look at Password Safe.  It is, at least according to my "informants," entirely accessible in its original Windows version and based on the fact that the latest version is still menu driven and clearly written during the Aero era, if not earlier, it should still be.

           There are ports to both Android and iOS, though I cannot speak to the accessibility of either since I don't use TalkBack and haven't worked with a client who's using VoiceOver in a while and never tested out iOS port when I did.  All of these are free.

            One very nice feature, though somewhat tricky to configure, is using the external sync feature to the cloud such that all of your instances of Password Safe access the same encrypted password safe file that's on the cloud.  It saves the PITA of having to remember to enter something on your mobile platform that you entered on your computer or vice versa.

             If you do give this a try please report back on your findings, especially regarding the iOS port and VoiceOver.
--
Brian

    ~ Saul BellowTo Jerusalem and Back

Stephanie Switzer

1password is accessible with iOS and windows. Not sure about any other platform though. It's by agile bits if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 16, 2017, at 2:08 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

[...]

Gudrun Brunot

Hello all: I have installed 1Password on my Windows 7 desktop and my iPhone. Fairly accessible, and the developer is very friendly and approachable. One thing I haven't figure out, however. I was hoping that the 1password would make it possible for me to log in on these websites and the password would be automatically fed in, but that doesn't seem to happen. I know that you can have 1password display your passwords, but that doesn't seem like such a deal to me. I keep a special file on my devices that lists all my passwords with names of their respective websites. Sure, I have to go there and find it and then do an "idiot paste" as one of my friends calls it. So, what am I missing on these password storing programs?

Gudrun