From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: facebook and notification from pages

Hey guys.

Perhaps some of you can help. I'm running jaws 17 and sue the facebook mobiel sight. I follow a page, not a group, but a page. I woud like to get notified when someone posts to this page. I can't find for the life of me where to do this in any sort of settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Hi if you go to privacy and settings at the end of the facebook page
You will enter on notifications
Then on that page you will read where it states how do you want to receive your notifications
The first option will be facebook
The second will be E-mail
Enter on e mail and then you will read where it will ask you if you want to receive all e mail except for the ones you unsubscribe from
(check this one)
Then tab to save
That should work

night.

Sugar

I’ve not found a way to be notified of comments from a particular page unless you comment on that page yourself as well ...... After you make a comment you will get a notification of all comments after the one you made on that particular page.

Laura

Perhaps some of you can help. I'm running jaws 17 and sue the facebook mobiel sight. I follow a page, not a group, but a page. I woud like to get notified when someone posts to this page. I can't find for the life of me where to do this in any sort of settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Jennifer Jackson <jennsjackson@...>

I do not think changing these settings will get him the results he is asking about. The information he wants from the pages he follows does not come to the notifications list now, so why will sending those notifications to email instead add the information about posts to those pages?

This is actually something I have been trying to solve myself so as to keep up with several organizations through their pages. It just seems like there must be a more efficient way then going to each of those pages regularly.

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2017, at 1:24 PM, Sugar <sugarsyl71@...> wrote:

[...]

Good point,

night.

Sugar

[...]

‘I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Sugar

I’ve not found a way to be notified of comments from a particular page unless you comment on that page yourself as well ...... After you make a comment you will get a notification of all comments after the one you made on that particular page.

Laura

Perhaps some of you can help. I'm running jaws 17 and sue the facebook mobiel sight. I follow a page, not a group, but a page. I woud like to get notified when someone posts to this page. I can't find for the life of me where to do this in any sort of settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Laura Richardson

The only way I’ve found to get notifications of other comments on a particular page is to comment yourself on the original post ...... After that, you will receive a notification for each comment thereafter ...... You have to do the same for each post on any given page to get notified.

Laura

‘I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Sugar

I’ve not found a way to be notified of comments from a particular page unless you comment on that page yourself as well ...... After you make a comment you will get a notification of all comments after the one you made on that particular page.

Laura

Perhaps some of you can help. I'm running jaws 17 and sue the facebook mobiel sight. I follow a page, not a group, but a page. I woud like to get notified when someone posts to this page. I can't find for the life of me where to do this in any sort of settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Laura Richardson

Sometimes I don't want to comment on a post, I just want to read others comments ...... If you don't comment then you won't be notified.

Laura