facebook and notification from pages

Jed Barton

Hey guys.

Perhaps some of you can help. I'm running jaws 17 and sue the facebook mobiel sight. I follow a page, not a group, but a page. I woud like to get notified when someone posts to this page. I can't find for the life of me where to do this in any sort of settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

I’ve not found a way to be notified of comments from a particular page unless you comment on that page yourself as well ...... After you make a comment you will get a notification of all comments after the one you made on that particular page.

Laura

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed Barton
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: facebook and notification from pages

Hey guys.

Perhaps some of you can help. I'm running jaws 17 and sue the facebook mobiel sight. I follow a page, not a group, but a page. I woud like to get notified when someone posts to this page. I can't find for the life of me where to do this in any sort of settings. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jed

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Hi if you go to privacy and settings at the end of the facebook page
You will enter on notifications
Then on that page you will read where it states how do you want to receive your notifications
The first option will be facebook
The second will be E-mail
Enter on e mail and then you will read where it will ask you if you want to receive all e mail except for the ones you unsubscribe from
(check this one)
Then tab to save
That should work

‘I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the
night.

Sugar

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: facebook and notification from pages

Hi Jed,

I’ve not found a way to be notified of comments from a particular page unless you comment on that page yourself as well ...... After you make a comment you will get a notification of all comments after the one you made on that particular page.

Laura

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Jennifer Jackson <jennsjackson@...>

I do not think changing these settings will get him the results he is asking about. The information he wants from the pages he follows does not come to the notifications list now, so why will sending those notifications to email instead add the information about posts to those pages?

This is actually something I have been trying to solve myself so as to keep up with several organizations through their pages. It just seems like there must be a more efficient way then going to each of those pages regularly.

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2017, at 1:24 PM, Sugar <sugarsyl71@...> wrote:

You will enter on notifications
Then on that page you will read where it states how do you want to receive your notifications
The first option will be facebook
The second will be E-mail
Enter on e mail and then you will read where it will ask you if you want to receive all e mail except for the ones you unsubscribe from
(check this one)
Then tab to save
That should work

night.

Sugar

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

Laura

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Sugar <sugarsyl71@...>

Good point,

night.

Sugar

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jennifer Jackson
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 11:51 AM

I do not think changing these settings will get him the results he is asking about. The information he wants from the pages he follows does not come to the notifications list now, so why will sending those notifications to email instead add the information about posts to those pages?

This is actually something I have been trying to solve myself so as to keep up with several organizations through their pages. It just seems like there must be a more efficient way then going to each of those pages regularly.

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

You will enter on notifications Then on that page you will read where
it states how do you want to receive your notifications The first
option will be facebook The second will be E-mail Enter on e mail and
then you will read where it will ask you if you want to receive all e
mail except for the ones you unsubscribe from (check this one) Then
tab to save That should work

‘I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Sugar

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jed
Barton

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Laura Richardson

The only way I’ve found to get notifications of other comments on a particular page is to comment yourself on the original post ...... After that, you will receive a notification for each comment thereafter ...... You have to do the same for each post on any given page to get notified.

Laura

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sugar
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 2:18 PM

Good point,

Sugar

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jennifer Jackson

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

Sugar

Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

Laura

Barton

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Laura Richardson

Sometimes I don't want to comment on a post, I just want to read others comments ...... If you don't comment then you won't be notified.

Laura

Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 3:55 PM

The only way I’ve found to get notifications of other comments on a particular page is to comment yourself on the original post ...... After that, you will receive a notification for each comment thereafter ...... You have to do the same for each post on any given page to get notified.

Laura

Good point,

Sugar

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

Sugar

Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

Laura

Barton

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Something I have come across a lot of people on Facebook doing is leaving a comment that says "following."
That gets them a notification whenever someone else post in that thread. It does not let you be anonymous, but it does get you the information when the conversation continues.

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2017, at 3:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:

Sometimes I don't want to comment on a post, I just want to read others comments ...... If you don't comment then you won't be notified.

Laura

Laura

Good point,

Sugar

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

Sugar

Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

Laura

Barton

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Please do let us all know when you find something that works for you on this. I have been researching it myself and will pass on what I find if I get it figured out also. :-)

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2017, at 11:25 AM, Jed Barton <jed@...> wrote:

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed

Laura Richardson

Thanks for this tip ...... That’s a good way to comment without getting involved in the conversation.

Laura

Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 4:07 PM

Something I have come across a lot of people on Facebook doing is leaving a comment that says "following."
That gets them a notification whenever someone else post in that thread. It does not let you be anonymous, but it does get you the information when the conversation continues.

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 8, 2017, at 3:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:

Laura

Laura Richardson

Laura

Sugar

Good point,

Sugar

Jennifer Jackson

Jennifer Jackson

Sent from my iPhone

Sugar

Laura Richardson

Hi Jed,

Laura

Barton

Hey guys.

Thanks,
Jed