From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Drew Hunthausen
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 1:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: google drive

Dear list,

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much

Avast logo

Drew Hunthausen

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive? Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work. I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much

Avast logo

Walker, Michael E

Don’t the trainers know that they can also access Freedom Scientific’s webinars to learn what they don’t already know?

Mike

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive? Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work. I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much

Marianne Denning

I am currently using Windows 10 but I have also used Windows 7. I have students using Windows 7 too.

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive? Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work. I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted
links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through
some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my
trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that
none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to
be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to
confirm. Thanks so much

Avast logo

Good afternoon everyone,

We're using Google Drive with JAWS 15 and Voiceover without difficulty.

Peter Donahue

Walker, Michael E

I agree with more research.

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work.
I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted
links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through
some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my
trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that
none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to
be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to
confirm. Thanks so much

Avast logo
campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Good afternoon everyone,

We're using Google Drive with JAWS 15 and Voiceover without difficulty.

Peter Donahue

Peter Donahue

Good afternoon again everyone,

We used Google Drive under Windows 7 and it worked fine. Since my
wife's computer has had to go to the shop more times than we care to
count should we decide to replace it we'll probably be using it under
Windows 10 depending on where we buy the new machine.

Peter Donahue

Marianne Denning wrote:

I am currently using Windows 10 but I have also used Windows 7. I have
students using Windows 7 too.

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive?
Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work.
I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted
links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through
some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my
trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that
none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to
be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to
confirm. Thanks so much

Image removed by sender. Avast logo

Avast logo

Drew Hunthausen

Thanks. I am using win 8, but I’m sure it works as well.

I am currently using Windows 10 but I have also used Windows 7. I have students using Windows 7 too.

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive? Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work. I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much

Avast logo

Marianne Denning

I am sure it will.

Thanks. I am using win 8, but I’m sure it works as well.

I am currently using Windows 10 but I have also used Windows 7. I have students using Windows 7 too.

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive? Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work. I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much

Avast logo

Poppa Bear <heavens4real@...>

I use Google Drive almost every day and I teach it as well with JAWS.  If your trainers need some training they can contact me and I may be able to help get them going.

Nate Kile, 907-444-3707, I can provide instruction over Skype as well.

Thanks. I am using win 8, but I’m sure it works as well.

I am currently using Windows 10 but I have also used Windows 7. I have students using Windows 7 too.

thanks fo this. What windows version do you use with google drive? Thanks again

If they are using JAWS 16 or later Google Drive will definitely work. I would say the trainers at the center need to do more research.

I know I’ve asked a couple of questions and a few people have posted links regarding using google apps with jaws. I have been going through some computer training at a computer center for the blind and my trainer is telling me that she can’t get it to work with jaws and that none of her fellow trainers have ben successful either. This seems to be different from what I’m hearing on this list and just wanted to confirm. Thanks so much

Drew Hunthausen

Thanks so much. I passed this along.

[...]

Not a problem at all. Just try to encourage them to learn Drive one way or another because it is growing more and more relevant all the time in the professional world along with the academic world as well.  I just left an English college class where an assignment was given and it was to be completed in Google Docs and uploaded from Google drive. Keep in mind, the assignment was not to learn Google Drive or Docs, the implication was that one would already know how to use the Google apps to complete the writing assignment. I have 3 students right now who are all using Drive in their school districts and one who is using it in college.

[...]

Do you access google drive from your desktop or do you use only the online version/? My trainer said that the desktop version is the problem. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

The No Excuses Blind Guy

1st Blind and Hearing Impaired Motivational Speaker & Triathlete

International Best Selling Author

NoExcusesBlindGuy.com

DrewsInpirations.com

(714) 296-7111

[...]

Both

[...]

The desktop version works great as does the iOS version. We're
using both without difficulty. It sounds like that trainer would do well
to take Google Drive 101.

Peter Donahue

Drew Hunthausen wrote:

Do you access google drive from your desktop or do you use only the
online version/? My trainer said that the desktop version is the
problem. thanks

Drew Hunthausen

The No Excuses Blind Guy

1st Blind and Hearing Impaired Motivational Speaker & Triathlete

International Best Selling Author

NoExcusesBlindGuy.com <http://noexcusesblindguy.com/>

DrewsInpirations.com <http://drewsinpirations.com/>

(714) 296-7111

[...]

Does Freedom Scientific offer webinars on Google Drive?

[...]

Thanks! is there anything I should keep in mind when downloading drive to my desktop as this is what I can't figure out based on what it says on the Jaws tutorial. thanks

[...]

It is all plug and play. The one thing to keep in mind is that you will mainly have your Google desktop drive tied to one Gmail account, so make sure that when you sign into your drive on your desktop that it is in the Gmail account that you use most.