Topics

moderated Addressing envelopes

HH. Smith Jr.

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

This subject has probably been breached before, but here goes. Has anyone had any experience with an accessible envelope addressing software; whether, free or not.

Thx,

CJ &AA MAY

Until I bought my Dymo Label Printer I just printed envelopes in the following way without the need to get special programmes:

First, take out your paper from the printer and place your envelope in it with the flap facing upwards and move the slider across till it touches the edge of the envelope.

Now save the address to your clipboard.

Then press alt m (for mail) and e (for envelope) and the press enter on the first option, which I think is envelopes and copy the address into the edit field.

Then tab down to print.

Hopefully the job is doen.

But I have to say my Dymo label printer is one of the most useful gadgets I have ever purchased.

Alison

Liz and Hope

Good morning! I am in the Business Enterprise program, and I accepted an offer to operate a cafe yesterday. When I was in training my trainer used a dymo labeler printer to make labels for products such as sandwiches and bagels. I want to purchase a dymo labeler printer for my cafe. Which dymo labeler printer would work best with JAWS, and where can I purchase it? Any help will be appreciated. 

Liz Ulrich and leader Dog hope 
HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ELIZABETH.ULRICH.1

On Nov 6, 2019, at 3:56 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

Until I bought my Dymo Label Printer I just printed envelopes in the following way without the need to get special programmes:

First, take out your paper from the printer and place your envelope in it with the flap facing upwards and move the slider across till it touches the edge of the envelope.

Then press alt m (for mail) and e (for envelope) and the press enter on the first option, which I think is envelopes and copy the address into the edit field.

Then tab down to print.

But I have to say my Dymo label printer is one of the most useful gadgets I have ever purchased.

Alison

Gerald Levy

You are not making any sense.  You cannot print an envelope without some kind of program.  You cannot simply place an envelope in the printer and print an address on it without launching a program like MS Word to print it.  So which program are you using?

Gerald

On 11/6/2019 3:56 AM, CJ &AA MAY wrote:

Then tab down to print.

Alison

CJ &AA MAY

Yes, that is true. The instructions I gave assumed you were in M S Word.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: 06 November 2019 11:55
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Addressing envelopes

You are not making any sense.  You cannot print an envelope without some kind of program.  You cannot simply place an envelope in the printer and print an address on it without launching a program like MS Word to print it.  So which program are you using?

Gerald

On 11/6/2019 3:56 AM, CJ &AA MAY wrote:

Then tab down to print.

Alison

CJ &AA MAY

My Dymo Printer is two or three years old now but I got it from Amazon and it works very well with Jaws.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Liz and Hope
Sent: 06 November 2019 11:36

Good morning! I am in the Business Enterprise program, and I accepted an offer to operate a cafe yesterday. When I was in training my trainer used a dymo labeler printer to make labels for products such as sandwiches and bagels. I want to purchase a dymo labeler printer for my cafe. Which dymo labeler printer would work best with JAWS, and where can I purchase it? Any help will be appreciated. 

Liz Ulrich and leader Dog hope 

On Nov 6, 2019, at 3:56 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

Then tab down to print.

Alison

Tony

I use Microsoft Office to print envelopes.  It pulls the mailing address from an open letter and has a stored return address that can be printed or not as you wish.  There is also an address book option.

My printer tends to wrinkle the end of the envelope where the return address is printed.  If anyone knows how to rotate the printing so that the return address end of the envelope is printed first the wrinkle would be on the postage end where there is no printing.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2019 9:31 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Addressing envelopes

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

This subject has probably been breached before, but here goes. Has anyone had any experience with an accessible envelope addressing software; whether, free or not.

Thx,

Tony,

Though I could swear there used to be a way to do this in MS-Office, I can't find it now myself.  However, one can do it in the printer settings for many printers.  When I go to print an envelope, if I open Printer Properties from within the MS-Word print dialog, then go to the Page Setup dialog, there is a checkbox for Rotate 180 degrees, which does just that.  You must also remember to rotate your envelope 180 degrees from normal, too, if you want the flap to be in its usual position at the top when you do this.

If you have an actual envelope document, you can specify to always use those printer settings for it so that you only have to go through this once.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

Tony

Thanks.

I used to be able to do this in the DOS days but forgot about looking in printer settings.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2019 9:33 AM

Tony,

Though I could swear there used to be a way to do this in MS-Office, I can't find it now myself.  However, one can do it in the printer settings for many printers.  When I go to print an envelope, if I open Printer Properties from within the MS-Word print dialog, then go to the Page Setup dialog, there is a checkbox for Rotate 180 degrees, which does just that.  You must also remember to rotate your envelope 180 degrees from normal, too, if you want the flap to be in its usual position at the top when you do this.

If you have an actual envelope document, you can specify to always use those printer settings for it so that you only have to go through this once.
--

~ Eric Hoffer

Ron Kolesar

Which version of office do you have?
I have 2016.
Besides, with almost everyone having a e-mail address now days, why would one want to worry about addressing envelopes?
Just my two cents on this topic.
Ron Emergency Communication Station and Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 09:52

I use Microsoft Office to print envelopes.  It pulls the mailing address from an open letter and has a stored return address that can be printed or not as you wish.  There is also an address book option.

My printer tends to wrinkle the end of the envelope where the return address is printed.  If anyone knows how to rotate the printing so that the return address end of the envelope is printed first the wrinkle would be on the postage end where there is no printing.

Tony

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

Thx,

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

For anyone who may want it, I created a MS-Word document template several years ago for a #10 standard business sized envelope that is screen-reader accessible and has two fields, one for the return address and the other for the address.  Both should be announced when landed in by the screen reader and can be repeated if you hit the help key.  There is nothing in this other than the envelope, so you don't have to deal with an "orphan page" for a letter.

The return address is always positioned pretty much perfectly.  The main address will always be near the center of the envelope but depending on how many lines you have may or may not be perfectly positioned vertically.

#10 Business Envelope MS-Word Document Template
--

~ Eric Hoffer

Tony

I mainly use Office 2010 but have access to another machine with 2016.

Some mail still has to be sent on paper.  Agreed it is much less than in days past.

Tony

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ron Kolesar
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 8:17 AM

Which version of office do you have?

I have 2016.

Besides, with almost everyone having a e-mail address now days, why would one want to worry about addressing envelopes?

Just my two cents on this topic.

Ron Emergency Communication Station and Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 09:52

Tony

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

Thx,

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Loy

I have a printer that has a slot for envelopes and I use the mailing funtion of MS Word 2019.

Marty Hutchings

Brian,  I have downloaded your envelope template, but can’t seem to move between fields.  I only hear JAWS say “Return Address edit”.  Tabbing and arrowing do nothing.  I am using MS Word 2007 and JAWS 2019 on a Windows 7 computer.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:06 AM

For anyone who may want it, I created a MS-Word document template several years ago for a #10 standard business sized envelope that is screen-reader accessible and has two fields, one for the return address and the other for the address.  Both should be announced when landed in by the screen reader and can be repeated if you hit the help key.  There is nothing in this other than the envelope, so you don't have to deal with an "orphan page" for a letter.

The return address is always positioned pretty much perfectly.  The main address will always be near the center of the envelope but depending on how many lines you have may or may not be perfectly positioned vertically.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

~ Eric Hoffer

Barbara

Hi

I have attempted to use the mail feature in Office 2013.  Where I have problems is selecting different envelope sizes.  When I do that, then the delivery address gets messed up.  There is part of this mail option which JAWS does not read well, at least the last time I tried to use it a year or so ago.  I did discuss it with Microsoft and concluded it was a JAWS issue since Narrator read it fine.  I did report it to VFO and was told it would be put on the list of fixes.  I took this to mean it could be a very, very long time for this to work. 

Any ideas on using this feature easier?  I did not have such issues in Office 2007.

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:59 AM

I have a printer that has a slot for envelopes and I use the mailing funtion of MS Word 2019.

Marty,

I'm sorry, but I can't help with this as I don't have either the version of Office you're using nor a Windows 7 machine with it running on it.  The template was originally created using Word 2010, but that should have been fully backward compatible with Word 2007.

I hope someone else can assist.   If this is occurring under Windows 10 with Office 2010 or later and someone else has this issue, please let me know and I'll see what I can find.

Right now my time is very, very limited as I am stage managing a production of The Wind in the Willows for ShenanArts that will be opening on Friday, November 17th.  As anyone who's ever done theater knows, the last two weeks prior to opening are insane!   I'm off to the theater in mere minutes to climb to the top of a very tall ladder to assist in hanging lighting instruments.
--

~ Eric Hoffer

James Bentley

Many many, thanks.  I want it.

James B

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:06 AM

--

~ Eric Hoffer