Topics

moderated Addressing envelopes

HH. Smith Jr.

Hello Fellow Listerrs,

This subject has probably been breached before, but here goes. Has anyone had any experience with an accessible envelope addressing software; whether, free or not.

Thx,

CJ &AA MAY

Until I bought my Dymo Label Printer I just printed envelopes in the following way without the need to get special programmes:

First, take out your paper from the printer and place your envelope in it with the flap facing upwards and move the slider across till it touches the edge of the envelope.

Now save the address to your clipboard.

Then press alt m (for mail) and e (for envelope) and the press enter on the first option, which I think is envelopes and copy the address into the edit field.

Then tab down to print.

Hopefully the job is doen.

But I have to say my Dymo label printer is one of the most useful gadgets I have ever purchased.

Alison

Liz and Hope

Good morning! I am in the Business Enterprise program, and I accepted an offer to operate a cafe yesterday. When I was in training my trainer used a dymo labeler printer to make labels for products such as sandwiches and bagels. I want to purchase a dymo labeler printer for my cafe. Which dymo labeler printer would work best with JAWS, and where can I purchase it? Any help will be appreciated.

Liz Ulrich and leader Dog hope
HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ELIZABETH.ULRICH.1

On Nov 6, 2019, at 3:56 AM, CJ &AA MAY <chrisalismay@...> wrote:

Until I bought my Dymo Label Printer I just printed envelopes in the following way without the need to get special programmes:

First, take out your paper from the printer and place your envelope in it with the flap facing upwards and move the slider across till it touches the edge of the envelope.

Now save the address to your clipboard.

Then press alt m (for mail) and e (for envelope) and the press enter on the first option, which I think is envelopes and copy the address into the edit field.

Then tab down to print.

Hopefully the job is doen.

But I have to say my Dymo label printer is one of the most useful gadgets I have ever purchased.

Alison

Gerald Levy

You are not making any sense.  You cannot print an envelope without some kind of program.  You cannot simply place an envelope in the printer and print an address on it without launching a program like MS Word to print it.  So which program are you using?

Gerald

On 11/6/2019 3:56 AM, CJ &AA MAY wrote:

Until I bought my Dymo Label Printer I just printed envelopes in the following way without the need to get special programmes:

First, take out your paper from the printer and place your envelope in it with the flap facing upwards and move the slider across till it touches the edge of the envelope.

Now save the address to your clipboard.

Then press alt m (for mail) and e (for envelope) and the press enter on the first option, which I think is envelopes and copy the address into the edit field.

Then tab down to print.

Hopefully the job is doen.

But I have to say my Dymo label printer is one of the most useful gadgets I have ever purchased.

Alison

CJ &AA MAY

Yes, that is true. The instructions I gave assumed you were in M S Word.

Alison

[...]

My Dymo Printer is two or three years old now but I got it from Amazon and it works very well with Jaws.

Alison

[...]

Tony

I use Microsoft Office to print envelopes.  It pulls the mailing address from an open letter and has a stored return address that can be printed or not as you wish.  There is also an address book option.

My printer tends to wrinkle the end of the envelope where the return address is printed.  If anyone knows how to rotate the printing so that the return address end of the envelope is printed first the wrinkle would be on the postage end where there is no printing.

Tony

#10 Business Envelope MS-Word Document Template

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Tony

I mainly use Office 2010 but have access to another machine with 2016.

Some mail still has to be sent on paper.  Agreed it is much less than in days past.

Tony

[...]

From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Loy

I have a printer that has a slot for envelopes and I use the mailing funtion of MS Word 2019.

Marty Hutchings

Brian,  I have downloaded your envelope template, but can’t seem to move between fields.  I only hear JAWS say “Return Address edit”.  Tabbing and arrowing do nothing.  I am using MS Word 2007 and JAWS 2019 on a Windows 7 computer.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2019 9:06 AM

#10 Business Envelope MS-Word Document Template

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Barbara

Hi

I have attempted to use the mail feature in Office 2013.  Where I have problems is selecting different envelope sizes.  When I do that, then the delivery address gets messed up.  There is part of this mail option which JAWS does not read well, at least the last time I tried to use it a year or so ago.  I did discuss it with Microsoft and concluded it was a JAWS issue since Narrator read it fine.  I did report it to VFO and was told it would be put on the list of fixes.  I took this to mean it could be a very, very long time for this to work.

Any ideas on using this feature easier?  I did not have such issues in Office 2007.

Barbara

#10 Business Envelope MS-Word Document Template

         ~ Eric Hoffer