Jaws 18 & QuickBooks Online

Rocco Parisi

Hi,

Is anyone out there using Jaws 18 with QuickBooks Online?  If so, how are you finding navigation?  Any major issues?

Thank you,

Rocco

Hank & Patty <hank1patty@...>

Hello Rocco,

I am thinking of starting to use quickbooks online as well with my Jaws18, have you had any helpful responses yet to your email telling you how user friendly quickbooks is or is not  with jaws?

Thanks muchly in advance for any help you can maybe give me with this.

All the best,

Hannk

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 12:29 AM
Subject: Jaws 18 & QuickBooks Online

Hi,

Is anyone out there using Jaws 18 with QuickBooks Online?  If so, how are you finding navigation?  Any major issues?

Thank you,

Rocco

Avast logo

Rocco Parisi

Hi Hank,

If you google blindspot, you will find that they offer scripts for QuickBooks.  Their scripts are not available for the QuickBooks online version though.  The folks at Blindspot are pretty helpful in providing info.

Hope this helps.

Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 12:29 AM

Hi,

Is anyone out there using Jaws 18 with QuickBooks Online?  If so, how are you finding navigation?  Any major issues?

Thank you,

Rocco

Ted Drake

Hi Rocco

I manage product accessibility at Intuit and thank you for your interest.

QuickBooks Desktop has better support for JAWS 18 when combined with the scripting that is available at My Blind Spot.

We spent 18 months building a new platform for QuickBooks Online that is accessible. We are now in the process of replacing older components and pages with these new elements. It's going to take some time, but you will find improvements every week.

Currently, you could use QuickBooks Online, but there are form inputs that lack labels and the company setup screens are difficult. However, the iOS and Android apps work quite well and you can manage your day to day work via the apps. You can also do some of the company settings via the apps.

You can write me directly if you have any questions: accessibility-feedback@...

Ted Drake

Intuit

Gerry Ellis <gerry.ellis@...>

Hi, Rocco,

You don’t know me, but I have met Ted on many occasions and I am aware of their products. I believe that his intention and his delivery is genuine. It may take some time till they get there, but they are definitely getting there.

Take care,

Gerry Ellis

If you don’t know where you’re going,

How will you know when you get there?

[...]

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

Hi Ted,

My name is Sieghard Weitzel, I am in British Columbia, Canada, and I am also in the process of evaluating Quick Books Online. I own a retail business and appreciate the fact that Intuit seems to put some effort into accessibility. I spoke to somebody from the Blindspot and he also suggested that the desktop version right now probably has better accessibility, but I very much like the fact that I can work with the online version anywhere and also feel that currently having data in the cloud is definitely the trend. I have been a Sage 50 user for many years and even before that used Simply Account and this goes back to where I started with what was known as Bedford Accounting back in the DOS days. I have bought an online subscription via my accountant who is a Quickbooks Advisor and maybe once the company information is set up and it’s down to day-to-day entries and so on it might be OK.

Anyhow, I will keep your email as well and hope it’s OK if I reach out from time to time.

Lastly, do you by any chance know anything about the “AccuPOS” point of sale solution? I believe this is not from Intuit, but apparently integrates closely with Quickbooks.

Best regards,

Sieghard