From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of thomas williams
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2017 4:36 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Product key

Using jaws 17 or 18, is there a way to retrieve your product key in windows10?

Just to be absolutely clear, are you talking about your Windows 10 product key?

--
Brian

     Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?  ~ Stanislaw J. Lec

I knew that someone else had asked about getting a comprehensive system inventory, including license keys, not so long ago and found the thread related to that.

The product that was recommended as being accessible and performing this function is Belarc Advisor, which is free for home users.  The report it generates is displayed in the web browser you have set as your default browser and, thus, the results are entirely accessible via screen readers.  The section regarding license keys has the heading, Software Licenses, and there is a link included on the page to take you directly to that section.  Underneath it every installed program on your machine that has a license key is listed, and this includes Windows 10.  For my Windows 10 installation it has the label, "Microsoft - Windows 10 Home (x64)" and the second column is the hashed license followed by the key the user would enter in parenthesis.
--
Brian

     Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?  ~ Stanislaw J. Lec

thomas williams

I was trying to retrieve my product key from Microsoft word.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 14, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Just to be absolutely clear, are you talking about your Windows 10 product key?

--
Brian

     Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?  ~ Stanislaw J. Lec

Well, if you need the key for any installed program Belarc Advisor will retrieve it.  It got the key for my installation of Office 2010 along with a slew of others.
--
Brian

     Is it progress if a cannibal uses knife and fork?  ~ Stanislaw J. Lec

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Good stuff, but, if you’re a belt-and-suspenders type, keep your original container handy.  In the case of 2013, it’s just a little thing like a mini album jacket.

Ted