Topics

announcing the day

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

In outlook 2016 using latest jaws 17, how do I have it say Thursday instead of Thu? Other examples, are: Tues instead of Tuesday when I’m reading the message headers.

I think I managed to accomplish that at one point, but I don’t remember how I did it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Dave...

You could just edit your JAWS dictionary file for Outlook to change the
Dave

In outlook 2016 using latest jaws 17, how do I have it say Thursday instead of Thu? Other examples, are: Tues instead of Tuesday when I’m reading the message headers.

I think I managed to accomplish that at one point, but I don’t remember how I did it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hmm, I just want that behavior only in the message headers and not emails I read, etc.

For some reason, I wanna say where I changed it doesn’t exist, or has a name change.  For some reason, my brain says adjust jaws options which I found in the list of managers, but I’m not seeing that in jfw 17, or I’d like to assume that it was in one of the ribbons, but which one, lol.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

You could just edit your JAWS dictionary file for Outlook to change the

Dave

In outlook 2016 using latest jaws 17, how do I have it say Thursday instead of Thu? Other examples, are: Tues instead of Tuesday when I’m reading the message headers.

I think I managed to accomplish that at one point, but I don’t remember how I did it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Soronel Haetir

I believe it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to have
it expanded in one location and not in others (at least within the
same program).

One thing I should note, I now use the Vocalizer Expressive v2 voices
, normally Samantha, and Thu is already pronounced as Thursday. I
looked through Settings Center and do not see anything that
specifically controls that so I suspect it to be totally voice
dependent.

kimsansong@... <mailto:kimsansong@...>

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Dave...

...I wonder if the JAWS setting to expand acronyms or expand abbreviations
might be what is needed?
expand
Dave

You could just edit your JAWS dictionary file for Outlook to change the

Dave

In outlook 2016 using latest jaws 17, how do I have it say Thursday
instead
of Thu? Other examples, are: Tues instead of Tuesday when I'm reading the
message headers.

I think I managed to accomplish that at one point, but I don't remember
how
I did it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@... <mailto:kimsansong@...>

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Kimsan,

Maybe widening the column that pertains to that item needs to be done.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.

I believe it would be extremely difficult (if not impossible) to have
it expanded in one location and not in others (at least within the
same program).

One thing I should note, I now use the Vocalizer Expressive v2 voices
, normally Samantha, and Thu is already pronounced as Thursday. I
looked through Settings Center and do not see anything that
specifically controls that so I suspect it to be totally voice
dependent.

On 1/7/17, Kimsan <kimsansong@...> wrote:
> Hmm, I just want that behavior only in the message headers and not emails I
> read, etc.
>
> For some reason, I wanna say where I changed it doesn't exist, or has a
> name
> change.  For some reason, my brain says adjust jaws options which I found
> in
> the list of managers, but I'm not seeing that in jfw 17, or I'd like to
> assume that it was in one of the ribbons, but which one, lol.
>

> Respectfully,
>
> Kimsan Song
>
> kimsansong@...

David,
Good suggestion.
I'll try it.
Thanks.

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

[...]

Both options are expanded now that I've looked.
I might just have to use the dictionary manager.
Also, Mikes suggestion didn't work, either.
Thanks to all who have responded.

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...