Topics

moderated Convenient OCR not loading

Blackwell, Clifford

I’m trying to read a .PDF document but JAWS tells me OCR isn’t loaded.  I’m using J2020, Windows 7 and have Adobe DC on the computer.  This worked fine in J2019..  I’ve done a repair and get the same result.  How do I get this loaded or working?

Thanks.

Samuel Villa

I listen to FSCast and heard that they were going to address this issue in future JAWS 2020 releases, probably in December.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Blackwell, Clifford
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 1:52 PM
To: 'jfw@groups.io' <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Convenient OCR not loading

I’m trying to read a .PDF document but JAWS tells me OCR isn’t loaded.  I’m using J2020, Windows 7 and have Adobe DC on the computer.  This worked fine in J2019..  I’ve done a repair and get the same result.  How do I get this loaded or working?

Thanks.

Blackwell, Clifford

Thank you.  It sure would be nice if they’d have it working now.  I rely on Convenient OCR for my work.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Samuel Villa
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 9:29 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convenient OCR not loading

I listen to FSCast and heard that they were going to address this issue in future JAWS 2020 releases, probably in December.

Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 1:52 PM

Thanks.

Feliciano G

Hi,

try this…

go to adobe reader program, edit menu and arrow down to prefrences  and press enter. Now press the S key until you find security (enhanced) and press the tab key once. focus will now be on “Enable Protected Mode at startup” This setting should be unchecked. Press the space bar key to check or uncheck. Now press the tab key to move focus to ok button and press enter. Close Adobe reader and try to open the file you want to work with. Hope this helps.

Feliciano

For Tech tips and updates from a Blindness Perspective,

Follow www.twitter.com/TheBlindMan12v

Like www.facebook.com/TheBlindMan12v

Follow www.instagram.com/theblindman12v

those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. -Steve Jobs

Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 1:52 PM

Thanks.

Blackwell, Clifford

Thank you for this suggestion.  I spent some time with JAWS tech support trying different options.  What eventually worked was deleting the JAWS 2020 version I had installed and then installed the off line version.  That restored my missing OCR components.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Feliciano G
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2019 9:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Convenient OCR not loading

Hi,

try this…

go to adobe reader program, edit menu and arrow down to prefrences  and press enter. Now press the S key until you find security (enhanced) and press the tab key once. focus will now be on “Enable Protected Mode at startup” This setting should be unchecked. Press the space bar key to check or uncheck. Now press the tab key to move focus to ok button and press enter. Close Adobe reader and try to open the file you want to work with. Hope this helps.

Feliciano

For Tech tips and updates from a Blindness Perspective,

Follow www.twitter.com/TheBlindMan12v

Like www.facebook.com/TheBlindMan12v

Follow www.instagram.com/theblindman12v

those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. -Steve Jobs

Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 1:52 PM

Thanks.