From: Kimsan [mailto:kimsansong@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:25 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: woohoo! envelopes 2013!

I’m not sure why I am so excited over this, but I’m able to fill out the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I’m thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it didn’t work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Cindy:

I put my envelope in the printer, word 2013 in my case is open, I press alt m followed by e.

It then lands me in the delivery field, type that in, I tab 3 times to the recipient address type that in, and then tab to print!

Since nobody gave me their address, I’m going to write my mommy a letter.  I have not seen her since July of 2015…

I’m not sure why I am so excited over this, but I’m able to fill out the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I’m thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it didn’t work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Robin Frost

Hi,
Wow I’m glad it worked for you 17 doesn’t always read back the fields once filled in under Office 2016.
Robin (who understands the feeling of triumph, smile)

I put my envelope in the printer, word 2013 in my case is open, I press alt m followed by e.

It then lands me in the delivery field, type that in, I tab 3 times to the recipient address type that in, and then tab to print!

Since nobody gave me their address, I’m going to write my mommy a letter.  I have not seen her since July of 2015…

I’m not sure why I am so excited over this, but I’m able to fill out the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I’m thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it didn’t work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

I tried and tried on the envelope thing - routing JAWS to PC, routing PC
to JAWS, just plan PC cursor; I could not make it work. I feel like
calling Freedom Scientific and asking them what I am doing wrong?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Good to write your mom. Could you read anything in those fields, or just
follow the prompts?

I tried and tried and could not read anything in the fields - plain
cursor; route JAWS to PC; PC to JAWS - no go with anything, could not
read.

I sent an e-mail to the instructor at the Morehead Training Center in
Raleigh; I'll let yall know what she says. Otherwise, I might just call
Freedom Scientific. It could be that the more aware they are of the
situation, the more likely it can be corrected.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Adrian Spratt

Try refreshing with JAWS key+escape, then reading with JAWS key+numpbad 8.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then fills in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope or mailing label.

I tried and tried on the envelope thing - routing JAWS to PC, routing PC to JAWS, just plan PC cursor; I could not make it work. I feel like calling Freedom Scientific and asking them what I am doing wrong?

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I was able to read the fields.

Almost done writing my mommy. Work got in the way, but I'm going home soon.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

The problem is that a lot of the time, I'm sending, for instance, today,
a small crocheted pouch. I guess I could have written a letter to go with
it; she knows that it is coming.

I just about wrecked my file whyile ago, but I was reading the thing.
However, when I tried to get out without printing, I had a time getting
out, then most of file gone; turned off computer, file back.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then fills
in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope or
mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Chris Chaffin

I have had the same problem.
The way I have been doing it is I will just type the name and address on a blank document, and then select it. Since the name and address is selected, it will automatically populate that edit field to print an envelope once you go to that screen.
Even though Jaws will not read anything in that field, it is actually there.

I have been doing it this way ever since I have been using Office 2013.

Chris

On Jan 13, 2016, at 5:07 PM, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@windstream.net> wrote:

The problem is that a lot of the time, I'm sending, for instance, today,
a small crocheted pouch. I guess I could have written a letter to go with
it; she knows that it is coming.

I just about wrecked my file whyile ago, but I was reading the thing.
However, when I tried to get out without printing, I had a time getting
out, then most of file gone; turned off computer, file back.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then fills
in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope or
mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Charles Coe

I am sure your mommy will be very pleased.

Almost done writing my mommy. Work got in the way, but I'm going home soon.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Probably I'll call Freedom Scientific tomorrow. If they are made more
aware of the issue, they might be more concerned about a solution.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then
fills in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope
or mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out
the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior,
as it didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

James Bentley

Hello,

I did not read every single post on this subject so I hope I am not repeating unnecessary information. Here's how I address envelopes with NotePad and my Brother laser printer.

Open Notepad and go in to page set up from the file menu.

Select letter size for ten inch envelopes.

Select the landscape mode.

Type the first line of the sender's address and hit enter.

Hit enter after each line of the sender's address.

Then, hit enter five times and then, tab ten times and start typing the first line of the addressee.

Hit enter at the end of each line of the addressee and remember to tab over ten times before you start writing the text for a new line so the lines will line up.

For most Brother laser printers, you place the envelope with the flap down and on the left in to the envelope slot.

A similar procedure works for labels but I don't remember the exact number of lines and tabs to use. Also, it is possible to make an address label that can hold a packing slip with the above directions and just tape the envelope on to the box with Scotch tape.

HTH,

James Bentley

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then
fills in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope
or mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out
the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior,
as it didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Martin Blackwell

This is pretty much how I do it too. You don't even have to select the text.
If it is typed in a normal address format Word will pick it up.

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then
fills in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope
or mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out
the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior,
as it didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

My understanding is that Freedom Scientific is aware of the problem and has informed Microsoft and awaits for Microsoft to fix the problem or give Freedom Scientific information on how to fix the problem.

I tried the suggestion of JAWS Key plus Escape and that didn't work. I'm running Win 10 and the latest build of JAWS 17.

Probably I'll call Freedom Scientific tomorrow. If they are made more
aware of the issue, they might be more concerned about a solution.
Bye for now,
Carolyn

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then
fills in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope
or mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out
the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior,
as it didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

David Ingram

Would this only work with jaws 17 when using Microsoft word 2013?  I’d like to know because I’m using jaws 16 with Microsoft word 2013!  Thank you for any information that you might have.

I put my envelope in the printer, word 2013 in my case is open, I press alt m followed by e.

It then lands me in the delivery field, type that in, I tab 3 times to the recipient address type that in, and then tab to print!

Since nobody gave me their address, I’m going to write my mommy a letter.  I have not seen her since July of 2015…

I’m not sure why I am so excited over this, but I’m able to fill out the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I’m thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it didn’t work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

David Ingram

Which version of Microsoft word does this work with? Also which
version of jaws? I'm using Microsoft word 2013 and jaws 16. If I did what
you described, I should be able to print out envelopes using the same
keystrokes? Thank you for any information that you might have concerning
these questions!

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then fills in
the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope or mailing
label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out the
fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior, as it
didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

David Ingram

Hi James if you don't mind me asking which brother printer do you have? I
also have a brother printer I have a brother hl3040cn series printer. I'm
not sure where would I put envelopes if I had to print them? Also
wouldthose same directions work for my printer? Thank you for any
information that you might have.

The easiest way to do this is compose the letter first. Word then
fills in the fields automatically when you call for either n envelope
or mailing label.

I'm not sure why I am so excited over this, but I'm able to fill out
the fields in 2013 for envelopes! I'm thinking jaws 17 is the savior,
as it didn't work with jaws 16!

Someone give me their address so I can write them a letter!

James Bentley

Hi David,

I am using a six year old Brother Laser printer, model, HL-2140.

On my particular printer, the envelope slot is located under a one inch by 12 inch plastic flap. This flap is located on the front of the printer in between the paper tray and the door that opens for replacing the toner drum.

I do not know if our printers are similar but on this printer, you can feel an indention, a slot that is about two inches wide. You can put your finger in this slot, press down just a little and pull your finger toward you. This folds the plastic flap out and down and the flap becomes a shelf that helps hold the envelope.

On the HL-2140, there are two small plastic tabs under the flap that folds out and down. These tabs can be slid closer together or further apart to accommodate different sizes of envelopes. You have to slide both tabs inward or outward at the same time. The envelope must fit loosely in between the two tabs so the printer can pick up the envelope.Note, on my printer, I have to insert the end of an envelope in to the slot one end first with the envelope flap down and turned to the left. Only certain kinds of envelopes work and the envelope needs to be pressed flat so no parts of the flap are turned upward.

I normally insert the end of the envelope in to the printer first. Then, type up the address and start the print job. The printer then pulls the envelope in to the printer and leaves the finished print job in the same place that it leaves sheets of printed paper.

I know how important it is to be able to address your own envelopes and labels with out sighted help so I sure hope this helps a little.

James Bentley