moderated Unzipping a file

David Pearson

Hello group:

What is the procedure for "unzipping" a zipped file?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

Maria Campbell

Highlight the file, press applications key and get to extract all, press enter and follow prompts to make choice of where you want to keep the file, then tab to extract all.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

On 10/28/2019 10:35 AM, David Pearson wrote:
Hello group:

What is the procedure for "unzipping" a zipped file?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

Marty Hutchings

With the file selected, there are several options under the context menu found by hitting the Applications key. I generally choose to Extract the files to a folder by the same name as the original Zip file.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

What is the procedure for "unzipping" a zipped file?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

David Moore

Hello David! The best way to unzip any file, even a RAR file, is to install a nice little program called 7-Zip. When you install 7-Zip, go to the file you want to unzip  it. Press the applications key or hold down shift and press f10, and down arrow to 7-Zip submenu. Press the right arrow, and arrow down to the second choice, I believe, to on zip the file in the same folder that you are in. That is it! If you have Windows 10, you can press the applications key on the file you want to unzip, and down arrow to extract. You just press enter on extract, and tab to the okay button, and the file will be unzipped. I use 7-Zip though, because there are more choices to unzip the file then there are using the Windows 10 extract. I hope that helps, just search for 7-Zip in Google, and I'm sure a link to download that will be right there. Have a great day, David Moore

sent from Android toy!

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019, 10:35 AM David Pearson <dshawnpearson@...> wrote:
Hello group:

What is the procedure for "unzipping" a zipped file?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hi all:

Probably should have mentioned that I'm using an older model Dell desktop(Windows7) pc with latest Jaws. Does this affect any of the file "unzip" instructions I've been receiving?

Thank you,

David S. Pearson