control shift d for dictionary manager. fill in the fields.

dennis

On 12/22/2016 7:57 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
so where do i put this stuff

On 12/22/2016 8:36 PM, dennis wrote:
x-western

x-unicode

On 12/22/2016 7:11 PM, Jed Barton wrote:
so what's the exact string i put in. There are a lot of quotes in there.

On 12/22/2016 2:09 PM, dennis wrote:
yes. open dictionary manager in jaws and for the word type just like
this without the quotes. "x-unicode" "x-western"

these are symbles that jaws speaks for some reason. hope this helps.

On 12/22/2016 8:47 AM, Jed Barton wrote:
Hey guys,

OK, i am using jfw, and the latest thunderbird. I'm noticing that
when i open up messages, i see special characters in there. Jaws says
stuff like x unicode, x western, stuff like that. It's kind of
annoying when you're reading mail. Any way to get rid of it?

Cheers,
Jed

Jed Barton

ok guys, sorry to be a pain, but now i'm really confused, i go to my desktop, and hit control shift D, jaws says nothing

On 12/22/2016 10:01 PM, dennis wrote:

[...]

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

You need to be in the dictionary manager, not your desktop.

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

[...]

ah ok, so i found it, and types in like x-western, then it wants a replaceement word or something, what do i put? Guys i have enver used the dictionary manager before so excuse my ignorance.

On 12/22/2016 11:20 PM, Kimsan wrote:
[...]

Replacement word would be what you want jaws to echo.

For example, in the dictionary manager, I would tuype in jaws, and the replacement edit field, I would type jfw.
Now everytime I come across jaws, it'll say jfw. It will still display jaws on the window but the pronounciation will be jfw.
Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

[...]

Soronel Haetir

Honestly, this sounds like a mal-formed email rather than thunderbird
doing something wrong. I have seen plenty of listservs that will
sometimes screw up and put headers into the main body of a message.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I understand, but I was simply answering his question about the replacement part of the dictionary manager.
On another list, I've seen two other individuals expressing the same issue.

Respectfully,
Kimsan Song
kimsansong@...

[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Control-Shift-D is to permanently delete something. Insert-D gives the Dictionary, then you hit Control-Shift-D, if you want your definition to appear in any program. If you want it program specific, just hit Enter to add your entry.

Bye for now,

Carolyn