From: Pablo Morales [mailto:pablocmd2014@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, Dec 11, 2016 3:44 PM EST
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: selecting long ranges of cells in excel

Hello all,

In excel, I am trying to select the values between two very distant
cells. How can I select two distant cells, when the distance is that
long that just holding shift and navigating through the arrow keys
doesn’t make sense.

Thanks for all,

Dave...

Control+Shift+arrow will select from one data cell to the last data cell in a range.

Dave

Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2016 12:44

Hello all,

In excel, I am trying to select the values between two very distant cells. How can I select two distant cells, when the distance is that long that just holding shift and navigating through the arrow keys doesn’t make sense.

Thanks for all,

Pablo Morales

Ok, control + G is the keystroke to go to the cell that I want. But what is
the keystroke that I need to do to say, I want to select from this cell,
then go to the cell what ever cell, and say again, I want to stop selecting
hhere. I know how to navigate, but my problem is how to select those cells.
Just pressing the shift key is no going to work, because shift down, plus
control + g is no going to work.