Comment pane in MS-Word 2016 and JAWS 18

Jason White

I'm running the latest Jaws 18.0.2118 and Microsoft Word 2016 with the
November update applied, under Windows 10.

If I insert a comment (Alt+R, C), the braille display continues to show the
main text of the document, even after I type text into the comment pane. If I
then use arrow keys to navigate, neither speech nor braille presents the text
of the comment.

Is anyone else on the list seeing this?

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Hello Jasen,

Using the same configuration, for me, Jaws is intermittently not responding
to the reading commands; not going down a line, not going to the next word,
and most often, not reading character by character. It is only intermittent,
only in Word.

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...> wrote:
Using the same configuration, for me, Jaws is intermittently not responding
to the reading commands; not going down a line, not going to the next word,
and most often, not reading character by character. It is only intermittent,
only in Word.
I suspect that's a different problem, but I'll report it if I can reproduce
it.

Jason White

For the sake of comparison, it works fine in NVDA 2016.3. I performed exactly
the same test by inserting a comment into a simple document. The presence of
the comment was identified and I was able to read it while editing, with both
speech and braille.

This appears to be a JAWS issue rather than a Microsoft Word issue.