Associated Draft

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

I lost a draft message that I was sending to someone. It says by the message “Associagted draft.” How do I access it?

Cindy

Cindy,

In what e-mail client?  I've not seen this in Outlook, Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird in the past and have no idea of what I might look at or look up.

Brian

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

It is in Outlook 2016.

Cindy

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:31 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Associated Draft

Cindy,

In what e-mail client?  I've not seen this in Outlook, Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird in the past and have no idea of what I might look at or look up.

Brian

Michael Mote

I’ve seen this in Outlook.  I have seen it, when I’ve hit reply to an email message similar to this one.  I used to see it all the time, when Outlook would crash on me when I was trying to reply to a message.  That happened a lot in the early days of JAWS 16, and Outlook 2013. 

Cindy,

Brian

Steve Griffiths

Cindy,

I've only seen this when I have the reading pane visible. When that's the case, and you hear "associated draft" while in the Inbox, the draft is visible in the reading pane and you can press Tab once to put your focus at the start of the draft body.

The draft is also in your Drafts folder, and you use the usual methods of getting there from your Inbox - pressing Ctrl + Y to get a dialogue, or - if you have it on screen - pressing Shift + Tab to move to the tree view of folders in the Navigation pane.

Hope that helps,
Steve
---
Steve Griffiths
Senior Assistive Technology Assistant
Working from home in Lancaster
E: steve.griffiths@guidedogs.org.uk
T: 0746 871 1921

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 13 January 2016 02:05

It is in Outlook 2016.

Cindy

Cindy,

In what e-mail client? I've not seen this in Outlook, Windows Live Mail, or Thunderbird in the past and have no idea of what I might look at or look up.

Brian

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales
(209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Tel: 0118 9835555
Email: guidedogs@guidedogs.org.uk