microsoft excell

thomas williams

I am looking for a Microsoft excel practice program, is such a animal available?

Thomas,

         I know of no such animal nor can conceive of how one might be coded.

         There are a number of resources for using Excel with JAWS out there on the web.  Here are a few that might be of interest:

                  -  the tutorials at the ICT Help for people who are Blind or Visually Impaired webpages

                  -  this particular post from what appears to be a jfw archive.  Excel hasn't changed all that much though JAWS has

                  -  some of Maeve May's pages on JAWS with various MS-Office programs

I'd also be happy to send you some single page MS-Excel spreadsheets that I use to submit my monthly billing for tutoring services if you want something to play with that already has formulae in it and that can allow you to see how those work.

Brian

Radha <r.radha05@...>

Dear Brian,

I would like to explore you're spreadsheet containing formula. Pass
on to my email id too.

--
Cheers,
Radha

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I was thinking he could play around with templates.  There are some cool ones included. He could even copy them to a new location under another name. one that sometimes comes in handy for those of us old enough to get cheap coffee at McDonald’s is a blood pressure template.

Ted

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 01:06 pm, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) wrote:
I was thinking he could play around with templates.

 Oh, definitely.  You can certainly create your own Excel files using the built-in templates as the guide.

I just offered the billing sheet I have to use because it uses the sum formula for a number of columns and includes several cells with calculated values based upon the content of another cell in the spreadsheet.

I'm also fairly certain that this billing sheet is going to be absolutely horrible from an accessibility standpoint, and it can serve as the cautionary tale about how not to create a spreadsheet that is accessible and in making modifications to actually make it accessible.  You're almost certain to get stuck with a number of spreadsheets that were created without the vaguest thought about accessibility.

Brian

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That’s for sure; you should see our time sheet!