I'm having a problem with webvisum!

David Ingram

Hi list members, I’m having a problem with webvisum and I want to use the firefox theme.  My question is “is there a walk throu available for those who want to install this classic theme for firefox?  Thank you for any information that you might have.

Adrian Spratt

I believe you’re responding to a distracting message that was posted last week. Contrary to the impression that message created, there’s no connection between Webvisum accessibility and this theme. someone else correct me if I’m wrong. Instead, you might be seeking the workaround instructions that Gerald posted earlier.

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2016 4:31 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: I'm having a problem with webvisum!

Hi list members, I’m having a problem with webvisum and I want to use the firefox theme.  My question is “is there a walk throu available for those who want to install this classic theme for firefox?  Thank you for any information that you might have.

O.Addison Gethers

Hello there,

What’s kind of classic theme you talking about ? This is my first time you mention about classic theme in firefox !! What version of firefox you have ? I have firefox version 43.0 with jaws 16 and have webvisum .

Sent: Saturday, January 9, 2016 4:31 PM

Adrian Spratt

This message, posted by Gerald, may be what you need.

Firefox 43, the latest version, introduced a security feature that prevents unsigned, third-party add-ons like Webvisum from working. Follow these steps to get it to work with Firefox 43:

1.  Open Firefox 43 and in the address bar, type the below line as seen with no spaces:

about:config

2.  You will get a Firefox warning saying: 'This may void your warranty.' Click on  the button that sardonically says: 'I'll be careful, I promise.'

3.  tab once to the list of 700 or so items and press the letter X. You are looking for the below item:

xpinstall.signatures.required

4.  When this item is highlighted, press the context key or right click and choose toggle or press T (same thing.)

5.  The highlighted value should change to false as in:

xpinstall.signatures.required;false

Then press control + W to close the window and when you run Firefox again, Webvisum should work.

End of Gerald’s post. Let me add a caution: This change may reduce Firefox’s security protection.

Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2016 4:31 PM