From: Cindy Ray [mailto:cindyray@...]
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2016 9:39 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Outlook 2016 Issue

I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, and JAWS17. I have set up some folders, originally hoping that I could get messages to go there. I never did, but I could move things to those folders, thus not having so much in my in-box. Now I can read the folders, but I can’t enter any of them, nor can I enter my Spam folder, sent folder—none of them. I was wondering what I ought to be checking to see what is wrong. I’ve heard some messages come in that I can’t find; I’m not seeing messages from people I know have sent me some. It is wearing out my patience.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy Lou Ray

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

Yeah, it doesn’t work. It did at one time, but it doesn’t now.

Thanks.

Cindy

I’m not sure if I’m missing something here, but this is how to navigate into a folder’s message list. go down the list of folders with first-letter navigation or the down arrow key. Once at the desired folder, press enter, then tab to the list.

I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, and JAWS17. I have set up some folders, originally hoping that I could get messages to go there. I never did, but I could move things to those folders, thus not having so much in my in-box. Now I can read the folders, but I can’t enter any of them, nor can I enter my Spam folder, sent folder—none of them. I was wondering what I ought to be checking to see what is wrong. I’ve heard some messages come in that I can’t find; I’m not seeing messages from people I know have sent me some. It is wearing out my patience.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy Lou Ray

Cindy Ray <cindyray@...>

Let me say a little more about this. So I tab over to the folders and I go down to my Spam because there is something I need to find. I hit enter on it; then I tab over and the inbox stuff is still what I am seeing. Sorry I did not mention it before.

Cindy Lou

[...]

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

You have to Shift-Tab, then use first-letter navigation to go to folders
in Outlook.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, and JAWS17. I have set up some
folders, originally hoping that I could get messages to go there. I never
did, but I could move things to those folders, thus not having so much in
my in-box. Now I can read the folders, but I can't enter any of them, nor
can I enter my Spam folder, sent folder-none of them. I was wondering
what I ought to be checking to see what is wrong. I've heard some
messages come in that I can't find; I'm not seeing messages from people I
know have sent me some. It is wearing out my patience.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy Lou Ray

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Cindy, I don't know why, but you Shift Tab to Favorites. I hit J for
Junk. When I got there, I hit Enter not Tab. I can't figure why the
inconsistency, nevertheless, that is the case.

Bye for now,

Carolyn

I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, and JAWS17. I have set up some
folders, originally hoping that I could get messages to go there. I never
did, but I could move things to those folders, thus not having so much in
my in-box. Now I can read the folders, but I can't enter any of them, nor
can I enter my Spam folder, sent folder-none of them. I was wondering
what I ought to be checking to see what is wrong. I've heard some
messages come in that I can't find; I'm not seeing messages from people I
know have sent me some. It is wearing out my patience.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy Lou Ray

Les Kriegler <kriegler@...>

I can still use the keystroke Ctrl-Y which is the Go to Folder command. I
can then use first letter navigation from there.

Les

I am using Windows 10, Outlook 2016, and JAWS17. I have set up some folders,
originally hoping that I could get messages to go there. I never did, but I
could move things to those folders, thus not having so much in my in-box.
Now I can read the folders, but I can't enter any of them, nor can I enter
my Spam folder, sent folder-none of them. I was wondering what I ought to be
checking to see what is wrong. I've heard some messages come in that I can't
find; I'm not seeing messages from people I know have sent me some. It is
wearing out my patience.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy Lou Ray

Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...>

Hay, Les, that's right, an oldie but a goody.

Bye for now,

Carolyn