is there a program that converts video files to mp3 formats?

David Ingram

Hi list members, I’m trying to find a program that converts video files to mp3 format.  I’m trying to find this until I can buy the songs I want from amazon.

ratshtron <northstar1950@...>

i would recommend format factory. its a free software and works quite well for doing what you wish to do.

Legend has it that on Wednesday 1/6/2016 05:12 PM, David Ingram said:
Hi list members, I'm trying to find a program that converts video files to mp3 format. I'm trying to find this until I can buy the songs I want from amazon.

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!

David,

           If you happen to be a VLC Media Player user there is a way to use it to do this. The procedure isn't simple, but extracting the audio from a video probably isn't going to be with any product.

           Also, VLC can be used for saving any audio or video stream (e.g., YouTube).

Brian

Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D.

Hi Brian,

This is interesting. Can you explain more about how it’s done, or where we can learn to do it? I’m most interested in capturing mp3 files of YouTube videos.

Thanks, Keith

           If you happen to be a VLC Media Player user there is a way to use it to do this. The procedure isn't simple, but extracting the audio from a video probably isn't going to be with any product.

           Also, VLC can be used for saving any audio or video stream (e.g., YouTube).

Brian

David Moore

Hi Keith,
There are two websites where you can convert Youtube videos to mp3 audio format. The first:
I like the second one better, because the video can be longer. The way you use both of these is to play the video on youtube. Press alt + D and ctrl + C to copy the url of the video playing. Then, open up one of these websites, and paste the url in the edit box that you copied from youtube. Then, enter on convert. Within a few seconds, the converted audio will be ready for download. Just download it to your computer. That is it. The second website has converted every video into mp3 for me. Let me know how this works out. There are other free file converters you can ownload as well. They are actual desktop programs. Have a great one.

Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:41 PM

Hi Brian,

This is interesting. Can you explain more about how it’s done, or where we can learn to do it? I’m most interested in capturing mp3 files of YouTube videos.

Thanks, Keith

           If you happen to be a VLC Media Player user there is a way to use it to do this. The procedure isn't simple, but extracting the audio from a video probably isn't going to be with any product.

           Also, VLC can be used for saving any audio or video stream (e.g., YouTube).

Brian

Edited

One tiny addition to Mr. Moore's URLs.

The one he gave for convert2mp3 lands you on the German language page.  Click here for their English language page.

If these services work for videos of the length you need to extract the audio from they are probably the easiest way to do it.  The link I posted previously is to a How-To-Geek article that goes step-by-step through the process for VLC for video, but not streamed video such as YouTube.  I know it can do that, too, but it would not be a less complicated process.  I don't know how accessible that webpage will be because it uses a lot of screen shots and I didn't take a look at whether there is alternate text or if the accompanying text is detailed enough.  The author does give each and every dialog you need to go through, and it's quite a few of them.

Dennis Clark <dennis@...>

Hello David,
I use a program called AoA Audio Extractor Platinum. The version I have is several years old, and is quite easy to use. It will copy the audio as wav, MP3, from .AVI, MP4 etc. You can convert a large number of files at one time, just by selecting the video files from a list, adding them to the project, and then selecting convert. The result is a collection of audio files each having the same name as the video files delimited by .wav, MP3, and so on.
best,
Dennis

Hi list members, I’m trying to find a program that converts video files to mp3 format.  I’m trying to find this until I can buy the songs I want from amazon.

Angel

I use total recorder
to extract audio files from You-Tube videos.  As for playing DVDs or extracting the audio from these, I use DVD audio extractor.

This is interesting. Can you explain more about how it’s done, or where we can learn to do it? I’m most interested in capturing mp3 files of YouTube videos.

Thanks, Keith

           If you happen to be a VLC Media Player user there is a way to use it to do this. The procedure isn't simple, but extracting the audio from a video probably isn't going to be with any product.

           Also, VLC can be used for saving any audio or video stream (e.g., YouTube).

Brian

David Moore

Hi Dennis,
Thanks so much. I will definitely look into this program. I would really like to be able to convert m4a into mp3. Have a great one.

Hi list members, I’m trying to find a program that converts video files to mp3 format.  I’m trying to find this until I can buy the songs I want from amazon.

majno <alfred.hl@...>

simply audacity.

El 06-Jan-16 a las 18:12, David Ingram escribió:

Hi list members, I’m trying to find a program that converts video files to mp3 format.  I’m trying to find this until I can buy the songs I want from amazon.

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

More cool VLC features!  Man, those folks need a manual; there’s so much power there.

Ted

[Reason: addition that the URL that I posted before was not for YouTube video]

One tiny addition to Mr. Moore's URLs.

The one he gave for convert2mp3 lands you on the German language page.  Click here for their English language page.

If these services work for videos of the length you need to extract the audio from they are probably the easiest way to do it.  The link I posted previously is to a How-To-Geek article that goes step-by-step through the process for VLC for video, but not streamed video such as YouTube.  I know it can do that, too, but it would not be a less complicated process.  I don't know how accessible that webpage will be because it uses a lot of screen shots and I didn't take a look at whether there is alternate text or if the accompanying text is detailed enough.  The author does give each and every dialog you need to go through, and it's quite a few of them.

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi

Try the Freemake apps from their website