IE 11 with Jaws 17

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

I just upgraded to Windows 10, but I don’t think that’s the issue here. Using Jaws 17 and IE in Windows 10. When I go to a site like the Manage my apple ID page, I am finding it virtually impossible to navigate outside of edit fields. I can’t explain exactly what’s happening, but it’s like I can only read parts of the page, and old arrowing options aren’t working. One thing I remember is that in a combo edit field, the arrow keys actually are inserting numbers. Just strange behaviour all around.

IE 11 isn’t new. Jaws 17 is quite new for me, and Windows 10 is brand new. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Jean

Maria Campbell

This is just something to try. Check that your forms mode is set to manual in the insert v quick settings for IE.

--

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell

Be patient with God: Be patient with yourself: Be patient with others.

Michael Mote

I wonder if you have the new smart navigation feature on.  That has been introduced in JAWS 17, and it makes navigating pages different.  You may want to check and see if it is turned on, and if so, disable it for the page you’re referring to.  You can do this by pressing JAWS Key plus V, and then searching for smart navigation.  Good luck!

I just upgraded to Windows 10, but I don’t think that’s the issue here. Using Jaws 17 and IE in Windows 10. When I go to a site like the Manage my apple ID page, I am finding it virtually impossible to navigate outside of edit fields. I can’t explain exactly what’s happening, but it’s like I can only read parts of the page, and old arrowing options aren’t working. One thing I remember is that in a combo edit field, the arrow keys actually are inserting numbers. Just strange behaviour all around.

IE 11 isn’t new. Jaws 17 is quite new for me, and Windows 10 is brand new. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Jean

Jean,

         Would you mind reporting back on your findings?  I've got a couple of clients who will be upgrading from JAWS 15 to JAWS 17, although under Windows 7.  Since IE11 behaves identically, as far as I've been able to determine, on either version of Windows I suspect this is something related to JAWS 17 and would love to know what that something is.

Brian

Jean Menzies <jemenzies@...>

Michael,

It’s off, but I have no idea if I turned that off or not. So many updates here recently. I resorted to sighted help on this one. Things seem to be ok on other sites, so I’ll just chalk this one up to chance. lol

Sent: Wednesday, January 6, 2016 5:18 AM
Subject: Re: IE 11 with Jaws 17