moderated creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest jaws and win10

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi all,
I resend this request, because I discovered the subject line had not been changed as I used a reply option earlier in the morning. With my apologies I pose the question again. Could someone please advise step by step as to how I can create desktop shortcuts of pages using latest Firefox, latest version of win10 and latest jaws? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
With sincere apologies again,
Takis

The "Method One" documented here, https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-website-shortcut-on-desktop-in-windows-10/, will work to create a desktop shortcut that will open under your default web browser in Windows 10.

If Firefox is not your default web browser, and you want to use it as an exception case, things get slightly more complicated.  For the moment I will presume it is your default.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Thank you very much Brian. I would have expected a somewhat friendlier way for us blind people, as I have found with chrome, but not with Firefox so far.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest jaws and win10

The "Method One" documented here, https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-website-shortcut-on-desktop-in-windows-10/, will work to create a desktop shortcut that will open under your default web browser in Windows 10.

If Firefox is not your default web browser, and you want to use it as an exception case, things get slightly more complicated.  For the moment I will presume it is your default.
--

~ Eric Hoffer

Richard B. McDonald

There used to be a Firefox plugin called “Deskcut” that worked really nicely.  However, it seems it is no longer available.  If someone knows where to get it, please reply!  With Deskcut, a context menu choice was added to the applications key (shift+F10) “save link” that put a shortcut onto your desktop.  It worked like the IE “send shortcut to desktop” command.  I have not found a similar Firefox substitute.  If anyone knows of a good substitute, please reply!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest jaws and win10

Thank you very much Brian. I would have expected a somewhat friendlier way for us blind people, as I have found with chrome, but not with Firefox so far.

Take care,

Takis

--

~ Eric Hoffer

Mario

take a look at the save page We extension. I think this is the ticket.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Richard B. McDonald [mailto:richardbmcdonald@gmail.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 3:24 PM
Subject: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest
jaws and win10
There used to be a Firefox plugin called “Deskcut” that worked really
nicely.  However, it seems it is no longer available.  If someone knows
where to get it, please reply!  With Deskcut, a context menu choice was
added to the applications key (shift+F10) “save link” that put a
shortcut onto your desktop.  It worked like the IE “send shortcut to
desktop” command.  I have not found a similar Firefox substitute.  If
anyone knows of a good substitute, please reply!

*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Panagiotis
Antonopoulos
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:29 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using
latest jaws and win10

Thank you very much Brian. I would have expected a somewhat friendlier
way for us blind people, as I have found with chrome, but not with
Firefox so far.

Take care,

Takis

[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Brian Vogel
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:12 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
latest jaws and win10

The "Method One" documented here,
https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-website-shortcut-on-desktop-in-windows-10/,

will work to create a desktop shortcut that will open under your default
web browser in Windows 10.

If Firefox is not your default web browser, and you want to use it as an
exception case, things get slightly more complicated.  For the moment I
will presume it is your default.
--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

~ Eric Hoffer

Mario

oops, I made a mistake. sorry.

To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 3:36 PM
jaws and win10
take a look at the save page We extension. I think this is the ticket.
From: Richard B. McDonald [mailto:richardbmcdonald@gmail.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 3:24 PM
jaws and win10
There used to be a Firefox plugin called “Deskcut” that worked really
nicely.  However, it seems it is no longer available.  If someone knows
where to get it, please reply!  With Deskcut, a context menu choice was
added to the applications key (shift+F10) “save link” that put a
shortcut onto your desktop.  It worked like the IE “send shortcut to
desktop” command.  I have not found a similar Firefox substitute.  If
anyone knows of a good substitute, please reply!

*From:*main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Panagiotis
Antonopoulos
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:29 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
latest jaws and win10

Thank you very much Brian. I would have expected a somewhat friendlier
way for us blind people, as I have found with chrome, but not with
Firefox so far.

Take care,

Takis

[mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Brian Vogel
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:12 PM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>
latest jaws and win10

The "Method One" documented here,
https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-website-shortcut-on-desktop-in-windows-10/,

will work to create a desktop shortcut that will open under your default
web browser in Windows 10.

If Firefox is not your default web browser, and you want to use it as an
exception case, things get slightly more complicated.  For the moment I
will presume it is your default.

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Yes, that would be really nice. I read somewhere that you can also create a bookmark and then copy it to your desktop, but have not tried it at all.

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:25 PM

There used to be a Firefox plugin called “Deskcut” that worked really nicely.  However, it seems it is no longer available.  If someone knows where to get it, please reply!  With Deskcut, a context menu choice was added to the applications key (shift+F10) “save link” that put a shortcut onto your desktop.  It worked like the IE “send shortcut to desktop” command.  I have not found a similar Firefox substitute.  If anyone knows of a good substitute, please reply!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Take care,

Takis

--

~ Eric Hoffer

A way to quickly create a desktop shortcut is nice, but it’s also not difficult to create one manually.

Just go to the address bar, copy the URL, minimize to the desktop and make sure nothing has focus, then press the application key or Shift + F10, arrow to “New” or press “w”, expand with the right arrow and arrow down to “Shortcut” or press “s”.

Now paste in your URL, press enter, type the name you want the shortcut to have and press enter and you are done.

If you use Chrome you can go to the menu, More Tools and select “Create Shortcut”.

Regards,

Sieghard

Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:17 PM

Yes, that would be really nice. I read somewhere that you can also create a bookmark and then copy it to your desktop, but have not tried it at all.

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald

Take care,

Takis

--

~ Eric Hoffer

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Yes Sieghard, chrome is very handy on this. I wish Firefox had a similar quick way of doing this, and thanks for giving these details.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 11:08 AM

A way to quickly create a desktop shortcut is nice, but it’s also not difficult to create one manually.

Just go to the address bar, copy the URL, minimize to the desktop and make sure nothing has focus, then press the application key or Shift + F10, arrow to “New” or press “w”, expand with the right arrow and arrow down to “Shortcut” or press “s”.

Now paste in your URL, press enter, type the name you want the shortcut to have and press enter and you are done.

If you use Chrome you can go to the menu, More Tools and select “Create Shortcut”.

Regards,

Sieghard

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

Take care,

Takis

--

~ Eric Hoffer

David Diamond

Thanks, Sieghard.  I was using I E for years because it was easy to paste a shortcut to radio stations and the like that I like to listen too. Then put them into folders.  Now, with your suggestion I can use different browsers.  Some stations when using the listen live link, do not support I E anymore.  Thus I’ve had to use Edge for that sight. My biggest complaint for using Fire fox or Chrome is the inability to be able to paste short cuts to my favorite websites or ones that I want to remember. With your help, I can just effortlessly create a shortcut to the preferred website or link, no muss no fuss.     

Sent: October 23, 2019 6:14 AM

Yes Sieghard, chrome is very handy on this. I wish Firefox had a similar quick way of doing this, and thanks for giving these details.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel

Regards,

Sieghard

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

Take care,

Takis

--

~ Eric Hoffer

Yes, and you can similarly create a shortcut if you are already in a folder.

The same steps apply, make sure no file or subfolder is selected, if one is selected press Control + Spacebar to deselect it, then bring up the application menu, select “New” or use “w” and the rest is the same as on the desktop.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:34 AM

Thanks, Sieghard.  I was using I E for years because it was easy to paste a shortcut to radio stations and the like that I like to listen too. Then put them into folders.  Now, with your suggestion I can use different browsers.  Some stations when using the listen live link, do not support I E anymore.  Thus I’ve had to use Edge for that sight. My biggest complaint for using Fire fox or Chrome is the inability to be able to paste short cuts to my favorite websites or ones that I want to remember. With your help, I can just effortlessly create a shortcut to the preferred website or link, no muss no fuss.     

Sent: October 23, 2019 6:14 AM

Take care,

Takis

Regards,

Sieghard

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

Take care,

Takis

--

~ Eric Hoffer