Adblock Plus, How / Where To Access Settings

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

Below is where & how to access / change your Adblock Plus settings, in Windows 7 anyways:

File path:
C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html

1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
2. Open the HTML folder.
3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
firstRun.html
These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the default settings.

index.html
Open this to change your options / settings.  Arrow down to, Allow some non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads to show.
Take care.
Mike

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

To add, it’s the same in windows 10…

Below is where & how to access / change your Adblock Plus settings, in Windows 7 anyways:

File path:

C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html

1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.

2. Open the HTML folder.

3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:

firstRun.html

These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the default settings.

index.html

Open this to change your options / settings.  Arrow down to, Allow some non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads to show.

Take care.
Mike

Mario

Mike, I don't have a folder in program files called ad block plus. I am certain I have ad block plus as an plugin for firefox. so can ad block plus be installed as a program, that can block ads from any source? did I miss something?

On 1/4/2016 3:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
Hi All,
Below is where & how to access / change your Adblock Plus settings, in
Windows 7 anyways:
File path:
C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html
1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
2. Open the HTML folder.
3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
*firstRun.html*
*These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the
default settings.*
*index.html*
*Open this to change your options / settings. Arrow down to, Allow some
non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads
to show.
*
Take care.
Mike

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Mario,

I don't have Firefox installed on my Windows 7 system but, in XP the Adblock is in Firefox's Tools / Add-ons.  In Chrome in Windows 7 it's under extensions.  How you access the options oof Adblock in either Firefox or Chrome is beyond me.
Take care.
Mike

On 1/4/2016 3:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
> Below is where & how to access / change your Adblock Plus settings, in
> Windows 7 anyways:
> File path:
> C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html
> 1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
> 2. Open the HTML folder.
> 3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
> *firstRun.html*
> *These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the
> default settings.*
> *index.html*
> *Open this to change your options / settings.  Arrow down to, Allow some
> non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads
> to show.
> *
> Take care.
> Mike

In both Firefox and Chrome in their current releases, Adblock Plus puts a button on the main toolbar to the right of the address box.  It looks like a small red octagon with ABP in the middle for both, but on Firefox there is a small dropdown arrow on the right side of the button.

In Chrome, if you click on it you get something that appears to be a menu, but these days I doubt it is a menu, but at the bottom of whatever object it is there is a button or link for Options.

In Firefox, if the button is activated a dropdown menu appears with Options as the last menu item.  A button to contribute to Adblock Plus appears below that Options item.

Mario

ok, let's try this again. there is no folder named ad block plus in the program files folder. what am I missing?

On 1/4/2016 3:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
> Hi All,
> Below is where & how to access / change your Adblock Plus settings, in
> Windows 7 anyways:
> File path:
> C:\Program Files\Adblock Plus for IE\html\templates\index.html
> 1. Open Ad Block Plust in the Programs Files folder.
> 2. Open the HTML folder.
> 3. Open the Templates folder & inside you'll find:
> *firstRun.html*
> *These are the settings when you first installed the program & are the
> default settings.*
> *index.html*
> *Open this to change your options / settings. Arrow down to, Allow some
> non-intrusive advertising, & uncheck this box if you don't want any ads
> to show.
> *
> Take care.
> Mike

Mario,

       You're not missing anything.  Adblock Plus is not a program and thus does not have any entries in either "Program Files" or the "Program Files (x86)" folders.

       The actual location of the Adblock Plus stuff is dependent on which browser you're referring to, and I'd be happy to try to locate it for you and can check on my Windows 7 machines if necessary.

        The reason I posted about the buttons in the browser is because the Options setting that pops-up or drops-down when you click it is generally how one interacts with Adblock Plus settings for a given browser.  If you are able to get to that button give that a try, as it's safer to try to tweak things via the user interface rather than directly editing underlying files whenever possible.

Brian

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Brian,

On my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit computer there is a folder called, Adblock Plus for IE, in the program Files folder.
Take care.
Mike

       You're not missing anything.  Adblock Plus is not a program and thus does not have any entries in either "Program Files" or the "Program Files (x86)" folders.

       The actual location of the Adblock Plus stuff is dependent on which browser you're referring to, and I'd be happy to try to locate it for you and can check on my Windows 7 machines if necessary.

        The reason I posted about the buttons in the browser is because the Options setting that pops-up or drops-down when you click it is generally how one interacts with Adblock Plus settings for a given browser.  If you are able to get to that button give that a try, as it's safer to try to tweak things via the user interface rather than directly editing underlying files whenever possible.

Brian

Brad Martin

Mike's description was for Adblock Plus for IE. If you use it in Firefox, just look in the Tools menu within Firefox. It's much easier to find that way.

Brad

On 1/4/2016 3:56 PM, Mike B. wrote:
[...]

         IE was so late in the game of allowing add-ons and the implementation is different.  It's no surprise that this is done in a way "not like everyone else" in the browser world.

         I just wanted to hit on the more conventional Firefox and Chrome implementations when Firefox was mentioned.  The one in Opera is also very similar.

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Brian & List Members,

I should also add that I'm running IE10.  I don't know if things changed in IE11.  My sincerest apologies for not making it more clear that my steps for accessing Adblock's settings were for IE.
Take care.
Mike