moderated Identifying highlighted text on a web site

John Doering

Hello:

I received a  Email with a link to a policy from one of my suppliers.

When I entered  on the link, it opened in Chrome, which is my default browser.

Within this document, there are price lists and the Email states that the items that are either new or changed are highlighted in yellow.

I need to identify these items so I can compare them to our selling price.

I tried going through each line of the item lists and using JAWS key plus 5, but all said black on black.

Unfortunately I cannot provide the web site to you because the information is confidential.

Any ideas on how I may be able to identify these highlighted items?

Any assistance would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

If you have your own business, use the Aira business option to get help from an agent. If you use JAWS, use the JAWS option to help you with inaccessible JAWS feature. Or, use a quick five minute Aira call to find the highlighted items.

Dean

[...]

NFB Lab 4

Try using the color attribute sound scheme. To get there press jaws key alt and s, like sam.

Arrow to color, or just press c. This should let you read the text, and when the color changes, it will tell you.

I hope this helps.

There is a way to search attributes for a particular background color, and if and when I find it again, I will let you know.

Thom

[...]

Dean:

Thank you for responding.

Aira is not an option and I am not sure what you mean by

the JAWS option to help you with inaccessible JAWS feature

If you could explain further, it would be  appreciated.

Thanks,

[...]

Cristóbal

Come on. How is this really practical ?

There are schemes in Jaws that allow for a more granular review of document and screen reading. Play with the different sound schemes in Jaws to see if any of those may help. The vast majority of us just stick with the classic scheme we learned Jaws with, but there are schemes that can tell attributes, fonts, colors and so on. These are very helpful for proof reading and reviewing documents that indeed, have highlights or different colorings etc where it is important to be aware of such markings. You can also create your own schemes.

[...]

I’m not sure why Aira is not an option; they observe confidentiality, can either view your screen or connect to your computer with Team Viewer. One of the free options they offer is for JAWS users who are unable to access information using JAWS.

Dean

[...]

Not that it isn’t an option, but 1, this info is indeed accessible to Jaws users. It’s just a question on how to know to access it and 2, from the sounds of it, it seems that it’s not a one time deal, but rather an ongoing situation that will keep presenting itself. I.E. making knowing how to properly access highlighted text with Jaws the more practical solution. I’m sure for a one time circumstance, AIRA can be very helpful, but for something like this…? Doubt it.

[...]

Ann Byrne

The skim reading tool will locate/read colors, summarizing the areas where they are used. There is material on using the skim reading tool in the JAWS training documents under help.

Alternatively as was suggested already, sound scheme would work. The skim reading tool would be more effective, though.

Good luck!

Ann