From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: There has been no update to reported issues regarding pronunciation dictionary not saving new entries

Hi all. Ever since 2020 beta 1, I have been unable to add new entries to Default.jdf, although I can add new entries to another dictionary with the default entries copied into it. Vispero tech support claims that they cannot duplicate this problem. But there's nothing so special about both my machines' configurations that would preclude saving dictionary entries, especially since entries can be saved to another file. The problem is that if I want those entries to apply globally, I must use Default.jdf. Is this happening to anyone else?

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 01:33 PM 10/21/2019, Adrian Spratt wrote:
This hasn't happened to me, but I dimly recall reading that each JAWS
dictionary has a memory limit. It's something I keep in mind as I
choose which words to fix. I could be wrong. If I'm right, my solution
is hardly ideal. Also, if I'm right, I wonder if the limit is
dependent to a degree on the computer capacity of our systems.
The memory is 2000 entries, but I only have 1100. Besides, that doesn't explain why JAWS has no problem adding entries to a dictionary containing the same entries, but using a different filename.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Michael Munn

I only have 900 entries in my JDF files. that is good to know about this regard.
Best regardds
Micael Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Maryland

www.nfbmd.org

www.hadley.edu

Students of Hadley Institute of the Blind

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 8:54 PM Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io <ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
At 01:33 PM 10/21/2019, Adrian Spratt wrote:
 >This hasn't happened to me, but I dimly recall reading that each JAWS
 >dictionary has a memory limit. It's something I keep in mind as I
 >choose which words to fix. I could be wrong. If I'm right, my solution
 >is hardly ideal. Also, if I'm right, I wonder if the limit is
 >dependent to a degree on the computer capacity of our systems.
The memory is 2000 entries, but I only have 1100. Besides, that
doesn't explain why JAWS has no problem adding entries to a
dictionary containing the same entries, but using a different filename.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi all,
Could someone please give me step by step instructions for creating a
desktop icon of a site on firefox, using latest jaws and firefox? Although I
find it easy enough on chrome, I have not found a way to do this with
firerfox.
Any h elp greatly appreciated.
Takis

Mario

once when I had a problem with a dictionary file, a tech said that it
could have become corrupted even if the limit of 2000 hasn't been reached.

pronunciation dictionary not saving new entries

.