From: David Pearson [mailto:dshawnpearson@suddenlink.net]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Monday, October 21, 2019, 9:47 AM
Subject: headset/mic combo with Jaws
Hello group:

I would like to use a Logitech headset/mic for one particular
application, and hear Jaws through my pc's speakers for everything
else.  Can this be done, and if yes, how do I do it?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

What application are you talking about and do you
use Windows 10 or are still on Windows 7.
In Windows 10 you can select sound devices by application in Settings > System > Sounds, tab to "Advanced sound options, App volume and device preferences", activate the link and then tab until you hear "Input list box, system sounds". Here you can arrow down and you should be able to find your application.
Of course in quite a few applications such as Skype you can simply select which sound device you want to use in the app.

Regards,
Sieghard

I would like to use a Logitech headset/mic for one particular application, and hear Jaws through my pc's speakers for everything else. Can this be done, and if yes, how do I do it?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hi:

Till using Windows7 and app is a V.O.I.P app called "Peanut".

Thank you,

David S. Pearson

I would like to use a Logitech headset/mic for one particular application, and hear Jaws through my pc's speakers for everything else. Can this be done, and if yes, how do I do it?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

David Pearson

Hi Mario:

Thanks for this info. It's USB.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

From: David Pearson [mailto:dshawnpearson@suddenlink.net]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Monday, October 21, 2019, 9:47 AM
Hello group:

I would like to use a Logitech headset/mic for one particular
application, and hear Jaws through my pc's speakers for everything
else. Can this be done, and if yes, how do I do it?

Best regards,

David S. Pearson

.

Mario

the USB headset is considered to be a sound device, and once it is
connected to the computer, JAWS will probably switch to speaking thru
it. to go back to have JAWS speaking thru the speakers:

insert+j to gain focus to the JAWS window.
go to the utilities menu and then the sound card sub menu. once open,
enter on the appropriate soundcard designated as the Windows default
sound device.