Topics

moderated The best accessible IP-scanner with JAWS

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi everyone

I look after an IP-scanner where I can scan my home network and find IP-addresses on the connected clients, see more details, for example the MAC-addresses etc.

I have tried the program with the name " Advanced IP Scanner" from https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/, but the program has problems with the accessibility for screen readers. JAWS cannot see all information.

I using both Windows 8.1 and the latest build of Windows 10 64-bit, and also the latest version of JAWS for Windows 2019.

Have some person here on this mailing list experiences with other programs there can do what I describe above?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

Glenn / Lenny

I've used both angryIP and nMap successfully with Jaws.
I think nMap gives more useful information.
Glenn

I look after an IP-scanner where I can scan my home network and find IP-addresses on the connected clients, see more details, for example the MAC-addresses etc.

I have tried the program with the name " Advanced IP Scanner" from https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/, but the program has problems with the accessibility for screen readers. JAWS cannot see all information.

I using both Windows 8.1 and the latest build of Windows 10 64-bit, and also the latest version of JAWS for Windows 2019.

Have some person here on this mailing list experiences with other programs there can do what I describe above?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

John Covici

How about nmap, uses the command line.

On Sat, 19 Oct 2019 14:53:20 -0400,
Anders Boholdt-Petersen wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Hi everyone

I look after an IP-scanner where I can scan my home network and find IP-addresses on the connected clients, see more details, for example the MAC-addresses etc.

I have tried the program with the name " Advanced IP Scanner" from https://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/, but the program has problems with the accessibility for screen readers. JAWS cannot see all information.

I using both Windows 8.1 and the latest build of Windows 10 64-bit, and also the latest version of JAWS for Windows 2019.

Have some person here on this mailing list experiences with other programs there can do what I describe above?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and have a nice day.

Regards,

Anders

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Anders Boholdt-Petersen

Hi again

I apologize for my late reply.

Now I have tried to install N MAP on my computer. When i after that open "Nmap - Zenmap GUI", I only can find a window with not accessible information for JAWS.

So how do you use N MAP with JAWS, and how can I via the program find IP-adresses etc. on my connected devices?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anders

Glenn / Lenny

Hi,
I currently don't have it installed on this installation of Windows, but I recall that I may have had to route the jaws cursor to a lower part of the screen to gather more information on something, like the name and mac address to be sure that it was located.
It's been over a year since I used it on this computer, and I reinstalled windows since then.
Glenn

Now I have tried to install N MAP on my computer. When i after that open "Nmap - Zenmap GUI", I only can find a window with not accessible information for JAWS.

So how do you use N MAP with JAWS, and how can I via the program find IP-adresses etc. on my connected devices?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anders

John Covici

use the ccommand line, nmap is a command line program, anything else
is on top of that.