replying directly to sender

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I’m not sure if it’s by luck, or outlook 2016, or the jaws version I’m using which is 17.  Heck, I just don’t know.  In any event, those using outlook 2016, since that’s the version I’m using, could someone (and you can use my email here to test it if you’d like) evoke the keystroke insert shift r to see if the reply directly to sender works for them?

I don’t think this mailing list replies directly to the member when replying like other lists but I do remember the above keystroke not working in the past, and again, I’m not sure if it’s jaws 17, or outlook 2016.  If it is outlook 2016, awesome as smile that keystroke never worked for me in previous versions which got me in trouble quite a bit.

I bring this up as I was talking to a buddy about this and how I can reply directly to a sender without opening up notepad, coppying, pasting etc. I just went to five different emails on different mailing lists and insert shift r indeed replied directly to sender, which rocks.

Respectfully,

Kimsan Song

Melissa Stott <mstott69@...>

That hasn’t worked for me for a long while.

[...]

Mike Ulrich <mulrich@...>

What about the standard; Control R?

Then if you wanna reply to all; Control Shift R.

[...]

Mcginnis, Barbara

Thank you for that tip.  It works very well.  I am using 17 and Outlook 365.

[...]

You’re quite welcome Ma’am!

Michael D. Ulrich

Just an ordinary average blind guy!

“Providing Insight for Blindness”

Florida Council of the Blind

Fundraising Committee Member

BLIND POKER CRAWL IV!

SATURDAY DECEMBER 3, 2016!

“KIND OF LIKE A MOTORCYCLE POKER RUN, EXCEPT THEY WON’T LET US DRIVE!

Mike’s home Phone: 239-540-7431

Mike’s cell phone: 239-565-5845

Mike’s email: mulrich@...

[...]

Mario

Mike, I'm assuming the control+shift+r replies to the email addresses in
the cc field as well as the from field, but does the function also
include any bcc addresses?

[...]

Well that's a good question and I've often had to ponder it myself.
I would think so, but I believe at one time I did try to, but I didn't follow up with the BC recipients to find out if they received the reply.
Well I would think it would anyways, but perhaps someone more in the know will jump in and confirm?

[...]

Dave...

Your assumption is incorrect. It only applies to the TO: field.

Dave

[...]

I thought when hitting Control Shift R; it would indeed reply to all, including the CC addressees? I seem to remember that being the case when I replied to all; including those CC recipients.
I'm just not too sure about the BCC addressees?

[...]

Kevin Hourigan <kevinthourigan@...>

Windows 10 Jaws 18, Outlook 2016, that is my understanding and experience.
Cheers Kevin.

[...]

It works for me and I'm running JAWS 16.0, Windows 7 and Outlook 2010.
I did try running Outlook 2013 with the above combo, but I didn't have the patience to look into setting up properly, so I went back to 2010. This was much easier.

[...]

If the message comes from a mailing list Control+R simply replies back to the list, not the actual person who sent the message.

[...]

I am quite sure Shift+Control+R will include addresses in the CC field.

[...]

Although some list serves, if set up this way, the control shift R will indeed, reply to all. Plus when you hit control R; it will only reply to the sender and not the whole list.

The Florida Council of the Blind’s fcb-l list serve is set up just like this.

[...]

Maybe, but I have yet to be on a list that was set up this way. Granted, I don’t have time to subscribe to a lot of lists, but I’m on Viphone, this Jaws list and the blind woodworkers list and on none of them will Control+R reply to the actual sender of a message. Anyhow, now I know of this Jaws Key+Shift+R which is even easier than using the Leasey keystroke to copy the sender’s address to the clipboard so it can be pasted.

Regards,

Sieghard

[...]

Mike,

The subject matter of this thread is the "reply direct to sender, so my
answer was germane to that subject.

Dave