moderated Moving to OneDrive at work

Van Lant, Robin

Hi all,

At work, we currently use a combination of saving files to our laptop C drives and to a series of network drives that are backed up nightly.  My company has just announced that we are moving toward using OneDrive.  The email says it will feel seamless for users, with the main change being that everything will now be backed up to the cloud and we’ll need to mark any files we want to have available offline.

Can someone reassure me or let me know of any issues using OneDrive  with JAWS 2019?  Will it feel like Windows File Explorer does now?  Will I be able to access the option to save copies of files for offline use?

Thanks much.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager, Strategy & Performance Management

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 |  www.keyequipmentfinance.com

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Dan Longmore

Hi,

I use One Drive for saving almost all of my work and personal documents.  I work from home and have found no issues with JAWS and One Drive.  You can make files available off line as well as access directly from One Drive.  One Drive is my main source and I , thankfully, have no issues.

Dan

[...]

Dan,

Very glad to hear it. Thanks for easing my mind.

[...]

No problem I can easily my One Drives files from either the folder on my desktop or through the web portal without difficulty.

[...]

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Robin,

Once I got it set up so it would sync between my new Windows 10 work laptop and the cloud, it seems to be working fine. The sync issue had nothing to do with JAWS, however, but it was a real hassle figuring out why it wasn't syncing.

Pam

[...]

Key Equipment Finance | 720-304-1060 | www.keyequipmentfinance.com<https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.keyequipmentfinance.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cpamela.a.ekstrand.-nd%40disney.com%7C3cdac3e4bee94e1f612508d75335a947%7C56b731a8a2ac4c32bf6b616810e913c6%7C1%7C0%7C637069362274211919&sdata=ptXxJDmWTi1%2FO%2B0ftVL9BS%2BVTulGAgSMUOECOcMg4Xs%3D&reserved=0>

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

james hooper

Are their tutorials on getting started with 1 drive?

[...]

Yes, at first glance this is confusing. However what is nice is that all
folders do not need to be synced if you choose not to. You can select what
folders stay only available online.

Dan

[...]

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

from Key send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Dan Longmore

I would imagine however it , in many, ways acts just like an extra drive on your computer.  There are syncing issues and JAWS will read prompts.  If you find tutorials please post a link.

Thanks,

Dan

[...]

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Hi, if you select detail view in your one drive and sub folders you will be able to see if the file is on your PC or only in the cloud by pressing the right arrow once. You can shift plus F10 to select if you want the file to be stored on your PC or not. I use it all the time to backup my PC and to share files and folders. It is very accessible and useful.

On 10/17/2019 8:30 AM, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the tips, Randy.

[...]

James Bentley

Hi all,

I am also interested in checkingout one drive.  Here is a link with information for beginners from Windows Central.

HTH,

James B

[...]

David Bailes

Hi Robin,
most of what you need to know has already been given by the replies, but just to add that there's a section on OneDrive in the following guide to File Explorer for Jaws users:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/File-Explorer-10-Guide.html

David.