moderated activating no speech with jaws 2019

William Windels

Hello,

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

John Covici

If you hit jaws-space and then s, it will go into a mode where it only
speaks if you hit one of the reading keys, if you then hit jaws-space
and s, normal speech will come back.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 03:56:36 -0400,
William Windels wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Hello,

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mario

John, is that mode called speech on demand?

William Windels wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Hello,

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but
this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific
situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

Van Lant, Robin

Yes, I use the speech on demand option to do this exact thing on webinars. It's Insert spacebar then s to toggle speech on and off. Mine says "Speech on demand" when I am essentially muting JAWS and says "Full Speech" when I toggle it back to regular mode.

William Windels wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Hello,

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but
this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific
situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

JM Casey

Hi.

There is a setting in, I think, “speech options” where you can switch the insert-space, s toggle between “speech on demand” and “no speech”.

I have mine set to “no speech”, since I tend to use braille 99% of the time nowadays and hardly use speech at all, but still want to be able to turn it on quickly from time to time.

I have found that some scripts, notably, ones for Skype,  break this feature. As in, they will turn speech back on, and after this, the toggle will not work at all until a JAWS restart. This is a bug of some kind, which I will probably report; I just need to figure out which scripts, exactly, are causing this. Anyway, other than that, it works pretty well.

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

Mario

the way I know how to toggle between full speech and speech mute is to
first make sure the verbosity is set to speech on demand.
then press insert+spacebar shift+s.

from now on, insert+spacebar s will toggle between full speech and
speech mute.

have

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but
this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific
situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

JM Casey

Ah yes. That works, and is faster.

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but
this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific
situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

Mario

a slight correction, I saide "from now on...". the change does not
persist. it is restored to toggling between full speech and speech on
demand. however there is a setting in the default configurations named
Less Speech Options which can be toggled to Mute Speech. press enter
twice and reboot. the toggling between full speech and speech mute
should now persist future reboots.

btw, I'm still using Windows 7 with JAWS 2018. don't know if this works
in latest versions of JAWS in Windows 10.

JMCasey, you were right all along.

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but
this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific
situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

.

John Covici

Yes.

William Windels wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Hello,

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but
this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific
situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Randy Barnett

You can also set jaws to automatically go to sleep whenever a certain app is active. open the app then open the settings manager (insert pluss 6) for said app then type sleep and then toggle on the option for sleep and it will silence jaws from now on whenever the app has focus.

On 10/16/2019 12:56 AM, William Windels wrote:

Hello,

I would like to turn off speech during a hangout meeting.

I was trying to make souch profile to activate with insert+ctrl+s but this seems not to work.

Is there a quick way to turn off speech for a time or in a specific situation?

Kind regards

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdag namiddag)

William Windels

Hello,
I found the speech on demand and I made a custom key on my braille display
for
that script.
When I pressed that custom key, I received the message:
"not available in full speech mode".
And also seccond,
I was trying to delete the custom key of that script with del but now, the
script entry is gone in the keyboard manager.
Thx for the help.