moderated How to stop JAWS from saying "normal" after I pressed JAWSKey+tab?

Richard B. McDonald

This may be an app specific setting, like for MS Word.  And, that app specific setting can likewise be particular to one version of JAWS but not another, like in your situation.  Check your app settings for whatever app is causing this problem, such as those for MS word.  There, a specific setting does exist to speak document format conditions.  That MS Word setting may carry into other MS Office apps as well, such as Outlook, and vis-a-versa.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:49 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How to stop JAWS from saying "normal" after I pressed JAWSKey+tab?

Hi,

I tried all speech schemes and nothing going. I am using the classic right now and it says “normal” on every line. Rebooting does nothing either. As previously mentioned, its only in JAWS 2020 it was ok in JAWS 2019 so I really think it’s a bug in dealing with Office 365

Ron & Danvers

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cohn, Jonathan
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 10:17 AM

This could be  your speech scheme. Press jaws+alt+S to open the "Select a scheme" dialog. If your scheme name has the word "attributes" in it, that would be the reason you are hearing this. If you want JAWS to tell you Bold and Italic, but not normal, I believe this is obtainable.

Hi Ron,

I may have missed the beginning of this thread, but I use Office 365 and I would say I use Jaws 2020 Beta 95% of the time now and I have no such issue.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Pelletier
Sent: Sunday, October 13, 2019 7:49 AM

Hi,

I tried all speech schemes and nothing going. I am using the classic right now and it says “normal” on every line. Rebooting does nothing either. As previously mentioned, its only in JAWS 2020 it was ok in JAWS 2019 so I really think it’s a bug in dealing with Office 365

Ron & Danvers

Ron & Danvers

This could be  your speech scheme. Press jaws+alt+S to open the "Select a scheme" dialog. If your scheme name has the word "attributes" in it, that would be the reason you are hearing this. If you want JAWS to tell you Bold and Italic, but not normal, I believe this is obtainable.

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

Ron & Danvers

Ron & Danvers

Richard B. McDonald

My JAWS version is 2019, latest build.  It seems, so far, that re-booting has fixed this problem.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:24 PM

Hi Richard,

What version of Jaws?  Have you tried rebooting?

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:35 AM

Subject: How to stop JAWS from saying "normal" after I pressed JAWSKey+tab?

Hi!

I experimented with pressing JAWSKey+Tab.  Now, JAWS says “normal” all the time.  How do I undo or stop this?

Thanks,

Richard

Cohn, Jonathan

Ron Pelletier

Hi,

I have the same problem in the 2020 beta latest update but it goes away when I go back to my JAWS 2019. It happens in Office 365 on every line in Word as I arrow down. What a pain.

I think it’s a bug and there is nothing we can do until it is fixed

Ron & Danvers

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 2:35 PM
To: jfw@groups.io

Hi!

I experimented with pressing JAWSKey+Tab.  Now, JAWS says “normal” all the time.  How do I undo or stop this?

Thanks,

Richard

Mike B.

Hi Richard,

What version of Jaws?  Have you tried rebooting?

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:35 AM

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

Thanks,

Richard