moderated Jaws 2019

Jerry hathaway

I am considering downloading Jaws 2019 on my Windows 7 computer with Jaws version 16. I have both Jaws 15 & 16 versions on my hard drive. Do I have to do anything so I can keep my settings, scripts, and procedures that I have been using with Jaws 16. Do I need to keep or delete the Jaws 15 & 16 folders on my hard drive. Thank you for your help with this issue.

Jerry

Mike B.

Hi Jerry,

No, you can leave the other Jaws versions as they are, but you won't be able to import your settings from Jaws 15 / 16 into J2019.  They've changed the way newer versions of Jaws is coded written, so you'll have to set up this newer version from scratch.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:25 AM
Subject: Jaws 2019

I am considering downloading Jaws 2019 on my Windows 7 computer with Jaws version 16. I have both Jaws 15 & 16 versions on my hard drive. Do I have to do anything so I can keep my settings, scripts, and procedures that I have been using with Jaws 16. Do I need to keep or delete the Jaws 15 & 16 folders on my hard drive. Thank you for your help with this issue.

Jerry

Glenn / Lenny

Jerry,
You can go to utilities in the Jaws main window which is in options, and when you open that up, you can up arrow to import and export and you can export your settings to be imported into the newer Jaws.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:25 PM

Jerry

Glenn / Lenny

I didn't know that they would not import into 2019, but it is worth saving them anyway.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws 2019

Hi Jerry,

No, you can leave the other Jaws versions as they are, but you won't be able to import your settings from Jaws 15 / 16 into J2019.  They've changed the way newer versions of Jaws is coded written, so you'll have to set up this newer version from scratch.

Jerry

Mike B.

Hi Glenn,

Yeah, they changed the coding in J17 and in version J17 the import / export option was not even in the Jaws context menu.  I think the import / export utility came back in the J18 version.

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:44 AM

I didn't know that they would not import into 2019, but it is worth saving them anyway.
Glenn
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:29 PM

Hi Jerry,

Jerry