From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ARORA Meesha
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:26 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Is bitlock accessible with JAWS

Hello,

Can anyone advise if Bitlock encryption is accessible with JAWS on a windows 10 system?

Thanks to confirm

Peter op t Hof

Hi,

At work we use Bitlocker too.

It starts before the login-screen appears.

I have to type my pincode with blind-typing but it works for me.

Before that we have used RSA Tokens and that is more a challenge.

Gr,

Peter.

Op 10-10-2019 om 15:46 schreef Jason White via Groups.Io:

Yes, as long as it doesn’t prompt for a password while loading the operating system, which it shouldn’t if your machine has Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware. If there’s no TPM, I’m not sure what BitLocker does – it may ask for a password, and if so, this would probably happen before JAWS starts.

I’ve used it successfully with JAWS on laptops that have TPM modules.

Can anyone advise if Bitlock encryption is accessible with JAWS on a windows 10 system?

Thanks to confirm

ARORA Meesha

Thanks Jason, it does prompts for password.

Thanks

Meesha

Yes, as long as it doesn’t prompt for a password while loading the operating system, which it shouldn’t if your machine has Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware. If there’s no TPM, I’m not sure what BitLocker does – it may ask for a password, and if so, this would probably happen before JAWS starts.

I’ve used it successfully with JAWS on laptops that have TPM modules.

Can anyone advise if Bitlock encryption is accessible with JAWS on a windows 10 system?

Thanks to confirm

ARORA Meesha

Thanks Peter, it some times becomes difficult as one won’t know if Caps lock is on or not and we have limited attempts to try typing the pin correctly.

Thanks

Meesha