Thank you.

From: main

Melissa Stott

I’ve just installed Google Chrome a few weeks ago, and it seems to work well.  I too used Internet Explorer, and have decided to make a switch.  I’m personally not too crazy about Microsoft Edge just yet.

                                Melissa

From: main

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

From: main

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

John,
Getting the Google Chrome browser will give you the latest version and it will work best with the latest version/build of JAWS 2019.

You will find better results if you are just waiting for JAWS 2020's final release. JAWS 2020 is in phase 2 of Public Beta Testing by all JAWS users. The 2020 final will be available soon.

You should also make sure you are update with all your Microsoft updates.

From: main

Glenn / Lenny

In addition, it is best to have more than one browser.
I have found that Chrome and Firefox don't work as well as Internet Explorer
for most things on the Nebraska workforce site,, but Firefox works best once
a week for me when I'm entering my job contacts for my unemployment payment.
Trial and error is the only way to know which tool works best for each job,
and unfortunately we all need to know at least the basics of web browsing to
know how to use any one of the tools.
That is like using quick navigation keys for example, and how to use a combo
box and the like will help you to decide whether the tool is going to work
as well as another.
Glenn

From: main

Microsoft Edge works extremely well as long as you download the Beta version which will replace the Edge version which is part of Windows 10 at some point in the not too distant future.

It will install independently from Edge which is part of Windows 10, but this new version of Edge is Chromium based just as Google Chrome is, there is an extension store, but you can also enable Google Chrome extensions and use any of the extensions from the Google Chrome extension store.

From: main

Randy Barnett

Try using several browsers until you find the combo that works best for you. I Personally use Brave, MS Edge beta and IE. Some like Firefox but after the accessibility fiasco a while back I gave it up.

From: main

Christopher Zeigler

Hello I use Google Chrome with jaws that is part of fusion.
I have found that the screen reader and Google Chrome do not continue showing the web page if you do not uncheck the box under advanced. That says use Hardware acceleration when available you will want to turn this feature off and it will require Chrome to restart. Another option you may want to turn off that may be helpful it says continuing to run apps when Google Chrome is closed except box and Chrome won't close completely. Hope this helps Lisa Minto on Chrome and Jaws.
Chris

From: main