moderated Converting CDA music file to a MP3

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Hello, I’m using windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.356 and Jaws2019 most recent version. I’m using VLC media player. Is there a way to convert a CDA music file to a MP3 file format using VLC? Thanks, Kevin

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=VLC+CDA+to+MP3

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Marty Hutchings

Kevin,  I just opened up VLC Media Player and under the Media    menu, I find Convert and Save.  It opens a dialog vox that lets you choose your source, i.e. File or Disk tabs and by choosing Disk, I am asked what type of disk.  For CDA files, you would choose Audio CD.  You then need to select your destination file and file type to convert to.  It looks doable, but it is complicated.  I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2019 2:37 PM
Subject: Converting CDA music file to a MP3

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.
Same here.  Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as a random mix.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Moty Azrad

Dear all,

I suggest a very nice and easy program to use that is called:

Cdex – CD extraction

When the program is installed on your PC, open it from your desktop icon, put your CD in its Drive and wait a little then you can select all by pressing control+a then press the key f9 to convert to MP3 or press the key f12 to convert to Wav.

I hope it helps

Moti

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...

azrad_moty@...

Israel

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here.  Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as a random mix.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

JM Casey

I use this, and it works pretty well and is very configurable. I have all tracks selected by default, so all I have to do is put the cd in and press f9, and it rips everything in short order.

You should be aware though that when Iinstalled the programme last, it came bundled with a bunch of junkware. Malwarebytes made short work of it, but it was still annoying. I was not able to read the parts of the dialogue boxes that apparently had checkboxes pertaining to this added software (a game of some sort, a web search engine/bar replacement, and something else useless). Just take care when you install. I’ve heard the programme Unchecky can help with this sort of stuff.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:

I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here.  Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as a random mix.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Michael Moore

You can also use Goldwave rip cds to .wav or .mp3. It’s very accessible.

[...]

Avast logo

Kevin Meyers <kevinmeyers@...>

Moti,

Thanks for letting me know about Cdex – CD extraction. This works with Jaws2019.

Cheers,

Kevin

[...]

ratshtron

another good one is anyburn which is free.

Legend has it that on Thursday 10/3/2019 09:42 PM, Michael Moore said:
[...]

<mailto:motiaz@gmail.com>motiaz@gmail.com

<mailto:azrad_moty@hotmail.com>azrad_moty@hotmail.com

Israel

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here. Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as a random mix.

~ Eric Hoffer

----------

Marty Hutchings

I just downloaded anyburn. It was quick and easy to install, however it is full of unlabeled graphics buttons that the JAWS auto graphics labeler will not label. Any suggestions?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

[...]

Mario

really? I can either use the tab key or use the arrow keys to choose a
button to perform an action. the one issue that's annoying is that JAWS
announces "Please select a task:" when tabbing or arrowing to an action
button. I don't know if theres something to do to stop this.

I just downloaded anyburn.  It was quick and easy to install, however it
is full of unlabeled graphics buttons that the JAWS auto graphics
labeler will not label.  Any suggestions?

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers,
against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against
the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to
resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13
-----Original Message----- From: ratshtron

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here.  Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to
automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is
complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I
don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as
a random mix.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

----------

.

Mario

I just tried NVDA and it doesn't prefix the name of the button with
"Please select a task:" everytime I move to a different button.

I wonder why JAWS does?

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here.  Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to
automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is
complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I
don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as
a random mix.

ratshtron

hmmm, very strange! as someone else mentioned the only thing jaws does is say is select an task before each taskthat can be stopped by while in the application press insert plus numrow6 and go down to verbosity options and change it to advanced for that application.

Sent: Friday, October 04, 2019 12:49 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

another good one is anyburn which is free.

Legend has it that on Thursday 10/3/2019 09:42 PM, Michael Moore said:
You can also use Goldwave rip cds to .wav or .mp3. Itâ?Ts very
accessible.
.

I use this, and it works pretty well and is very configurable. I have
all tracks selected by default, so all I have to do is put the cd in
and press f9, and it rips everything in short order.

You should be aware though that when Iinstalled the programme last,
it came bundled with a bunch of junkware. Malwarebytes made short
work of it, but it was still annoying. I was not able to read the
parts of the dialogue boxes that apparently had checkboxes pertaining
to this added software (a game of some sort, a web search engine/bar
replacement, and something else useless). Just take care when you
install. Iâ?Tve heard the programme

Unchecky can help with this sort of stuff.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here.  Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to
automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is
complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I
don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as
a random mix.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

.

Marty Hutchings

Yes, I get the "Please select a task" message with every press of the tab button, but when I select a task like Rip CD to MP3, the next screen is full of unlabeled buttons. I would like to know how to set the BIT rate for my MP3 files or to choose a location for them to appear.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13