moderated What is the JAWS command to get Outlook to reply to the sender of a message?

Kevin Minor

Hi.

I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Milton Ota <mota1252@...>

Hi,

If CTRL-R doesn't work for you and you want to reply to a message bring up the Context Menu with SHFT-F10 and the Reply option should be on the list when you arrow down.

HTH
I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Kevin and Jilly

Mike B.

Hi Kevin,

Try the, Insert, Shift + R, keystroke to see if that'll getter done for you.

Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Kevin,

Try Insert + shift + r to generate a reply directly to the sender of a list post. I'm not sure it works with all lists but I've had success with it on many of the groups.io lists.

Alan Lemly

I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Keao Wright <keaow@...>

I just tried that command I get cannot retrieve senders address.

Try Insert + shift + r to generate a reply directly to the sender of a list post. I'm not sure it works with all lists but I've had success with it on many of the groups.io lists.

Alan Lemly

I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Marianne Denning

I just use alt + R to reply to the sender and ctrl + shift + R to reply to all.

I just tried that command I get cannot retrieve senders address.

Try Insert + shift + r to generate a reply directly to the sender of a list post. I'm not sure it works with all lists but I've had success with it on many of the groups.io lists.

Alan Lemly

I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Keao Wright <keaow@...>

What’s the difference between reply and reply to all?