Topics

moderated jaws changing voices.

michaeel's mail

Hi guys it has only happen a couple of times now but on star up jaws has reverted to eloquence. i have to go and change it back.

Any ideas.

Cheers Michael.

Rick Mladek

Hi,

This is something I experience from time to time, as well. Just have to go back and change the profile and be sure it is set as default. At least 2-3 times per month this will happen.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of michaeel's mail
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2019 6:41 AM
To: new jaws help list <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: jaws changing voices.

Hi guys it has only happen a couple of times now but on star up jaws has reverted to eloquence. i have to go and change it back.

Any ideas.

Cheers Michael.

Dan Longmore

Hi,
Yes, this has occurred for me and happens when JAWS has difficulty starting and reverts to the default voice. I have found no solution other than to go and reassign the voice I want. The problem has happened far less with 2019 but still exists and whenever JAWS and the PC mix it up the voice changes.

Dan

Any ideas.

Cheers Michael.

michaeel's mail

Thanks for that it is easy to fix but one day it might not do it.
cheers 👍

Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws changing voices.

Hi,

This is something I experience from time to time, as well. Just have to go back and change the profile and be sure it is set as default. At least 2-3 times per month this will happen.

Any ideas.

Cheers Michael.

michaeel's mail

Thanks Dan cheers michael.

Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 1:30 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: jaws changing voices.

Hi,
Yes, this has occurred for me and happens when JAWS has difficulty starting and reverts to the default voice. I have found no solution other than to go and reassign the voice I want. The problem has happened far less with 2019 but still exists and whenever JAWS and the PC mix it up the voice changes.

Dan

Any ideas.

Cheers Michael.