moderated Moving JAWS licensed copy from one laptop to a new one

ARORA Meesha

Hello group members,

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn’t follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Hello group members,

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn’t follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

Shai

Hello,
There is no means to copy your JAWS license from an old computer to a
new one. You need to reactivate using the Internet license manager and
JAWS authorization cd.

On 9/30/19, ARORA Meesha <meesha.arora@soprasteria.com> wrote:
Hello group members,
I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would
like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my
current laptop to a new one.
I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn't
follow it completely.
Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the
current system and activating it in a new system.
Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,
Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Thanks Shai, And do I need to deactivate it first in my old laptop?
And for the reactivation, do I just use the original authorization details or do I need to contact the Freedom scientific to activate my license in my new laptop?
Thanks to confirm
Meesha

There is no means to copy your JAWS license from an old computer to a new one. You need to reactivate using the Internet license manager and JAWS authorization cd.

On 9/30/19, ARORA Meesha <meesha.arora@soprasteria.com> wrote:
Hello group members,
I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and
would like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy
from my current laptop to a new one.
I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I
didn't follow it completely.
Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on
the current system and activating it in a new system.
Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,
Meesha

Mario

Meesha, from the latest FSCast transcript, I have included the question
posed by Doug and the response from Eric. hope it helps:

DOUG:  I’m here, Eric.  Two things.  First off, if I ever, ever get a
new computer, how can I go in and remove the key from that current
computer and reload that on another computer?  Because like I said, I
have the Home Annual License.  And by the way, I love it.  And, two, if
I renew my Home Annual License within a month, or let’s say if I’m close
to renewal, will I be eligible for the second – will it show me two
upgrades?  Or will it show just one upgrade still currently if I renew
again?

ERIC:  So the Home Annual doesn’t– let me answer that second part
first.  The Home Annual doesn’t think of it like the SMA.  Home Annual
is based on time rather than versions.  So if you purchase a 12-month...

DOUG:  Gotcha.

ERIC:  If you purchase a 12-month, it’s going to give you access to any
version that’s released during the course of that time.

DOUG:  Okay.

ERIC:  If you buy for a three-year annual or five-year annual, you’ll
get entitled to all of those upgrades.  And as far as how do I remove it
from an existing computer, it’s just like Office 365, where you’ll go to
portal.freedomscientific.com, log in with your email and password, and
then go to your product, and you can ask it to deactivate from a
computer that it’s on, and it’ll move the key back onto your portal
page, and then you can re-use it on another computer.  Okay?

DOUG:  Okay.  Are they ever going to have that also for pro users?  Are
they going to do the Pro Annual License?  Because I wasn’t sure if that
was ever going to be an option.

ERIC:  It will be.  We are working on expanding this for all of the
products.  So we’ll get there hopefully soon.

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would
like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my
current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I
didn’t follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on
the current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Hi Mario,
I have checked and the web page for portal for freedom scientific is only applicable for US and Canada and since I am based in India so I think it doesn't work for me.

Thanks
Meesha

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn't follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

If you are on a regular Jaws license not the annual subscription I don't think there is any way to "move" the license. You have to simply activate Jaws on the other computer, typically you get several activations and, if you run out, you can contact Vispero and they can reset your activation count.

I have checked and the web page for portal for freedom scientific is only applicable for US and Canada and since I am based in India so I think it doesn't work for me.

Thanks
Meesha

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn't follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Ok, thanks... my organization purchased the JAWS 2019 last year along with upgrades for next two years.
Shall I uninstall the JAWS in my old laptop before activating it in the new laptop?
[...]

It makes no difference whether you uninstall it on your old laptop or not.

From: ARORA Meesha [mailto:meesha.arora@soprasteria.com]
To: jfw@groups.io <jfw@groups.io>
Date: Monday, September 30, 2019, 8:16 AM
Subject: Moving JAWS licensed copy from one laptop to a new one Hello group
members,

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would
like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my
current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn't
follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the
current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

Glenn / Lenny

Not too difficult without sighted assistance.
Glenn

I need to change my existing laptop in the office to a new one and would
like to know the steps to move my existing JAWS licensed copy from my
current laptop to a new one.

I emailed Vispero technical team however their reply was brief and I didn't
follow it completely.

Please can you advise what is the process of deactivating the JAWS on the
current system and activating it in a new system.

Thanks to confirm.

Thanks,

Meesha

David Griffith

I think the question which is not being answered and what you are probably worried about is “what happens if,  from multiple installs, you run out of Jaws Licences?”

The answer is that you have to contact FS/VFO to request a reset of your activation count. Happily in the past if I send them an email explaining, like yourself, why I have had to re-install Jaws they have always reset without problem. I suspect only a suspicious  number of reset requests would encounter difficulty though there may be a guidance somewhere on the number of resets allowed over a specific time period.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Alright, thanks for confirming.

[...]

Thanks and would it be the same details-Authorisation # and locking code for all the three activations?
As of now I have just used one of it in my current laptop.
It just happens that I need to move from my current windows 7 laptop to Windows 10 OS laptop.

Thanks
Meesha

[...]

Thanks David, actually I have just used one of the activations at the moment and so I have two activations left.

Just asked in my previous email if we have to use the same authorization # and locking code for all the three activations?

Thanks

Meesha

[...]

Yes – but personally I have never had to use a locking code – I always use the same 20 digit activation code that I was first issued with in 2001 and this continues to work fine.

[...]

Thank you very much David for clarifying. It’s very helpful.

[...]

You just need the authorization number, the locking code is generated by each computer

[...]

Ah, ok thanks. I am still learning😊