moderated this pc going straight to hard drive

JM Casey

This is the method I use most often to open foldrs on my computer. It is 8very* fast, and will instantly put you in the location you want. Not just the “c:” drive, but any location, anywhere on the local PC – I think you can even open network locations this way but since I don’t have a network anymore I’ve forgotten the method of entering a network path.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: September 29, 2019 3:39 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: this pc going straight to hard drive

If you really just want to go to c, you could hit Windows-key r, and type c colon backslash and hit enter.

I spelled out the punctuation to be sure it would read correctly.

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Sep 29, 2019, at 12:26 PM, Mario <mrb620@...> wrote:

while trying to help my friend, my note:

when in Explorer, press alt+f and then o. then you can press down arrow
to This PC. I'm not sure if there is an OK button to activate.

there is a setting to hide 3d objects, desktop ,
documents, downloads, etc. and just display the folders like Local
Drive: (C:), BD-RE Drive (D:), etc, but I don't know how.

From: paul lemm [mailto:paul.lemm@sky.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, September 29, 2019, 4:00 PM
Subject: this pc going straight to hard drive Hi Anne,

The other day I restored windows afterwards when I opened file explorer , it opened to quick view , rather than this PC, to get it to open to this PC rather than quick view: first open file explorer, then press alt and v (to open the view menu), press shift and tab once (which should take you to view options), press enter twice at this point and you should then be in the folder options window, the first option in here is where you set what file explorer opens too, it's either a dropdown or possibly tree view, simply use the arrow keys to select this pc (I think it's the second option down), then just go to ok or apply and next time you open file explorer it should open to this PC. Hope this helps. Any questions, just shout.

Paul

On most of our computers, pressing Windows+e brings up a list of folders, beginning with 3d objects (whatever that is), then desktop , documents, downloads, etc. My husband's new lap top skips these folders and goes straight to the c-drive. We want to go directly to This PC, not quick access; but we would like to see the list of folders. How can we make this happen?

thanks,

Ann

.

Don H

If you go to the control panel there is a app for file explorer options where you can set what you want. Also get to this by doing a search from the start menu for file explorer options

On 9/29/2019 3:53 PM, Mario wrote:
Paul, all a quicker way is to just press alt+f and then o. then just
down arrow to This PC.

On most of our computers, pressing Windows+e brings up a list of folders,
beginning with 3d objects (whatever that is), then desktop , documents,
downloads, etc. My husband's new lap top skips these folders and goes
straight to the c-drive. We want to go directly to This PC, not quick
access; but we would like to see the list of folders. How can we make this
happen?

thanks,

Ann

.

Ann Byrne

What I want to do is to unhide 3d objects, documents etc. thanks for giving me a place to start.

At 02:25 PM 9/29/2019, you wrote:
while trying to help my friend, my note:

when in Explorer, press alt+f and then o. then you can press down arrow
to This PC. I'm not sure if there is an OK button to activate.

there is a setting to hide 3d objects, desktop ,
documents, downloads, etc. and just display the folders like Local
Drive: (C:), BD-RE Drive (D:), etc, but I don't know how.

On most of our computers, pressing Windows+e brings up a list of folders,
beginning with 3d objects (whatever that is), then desktop , documents,
downloads, etc. My husband's new lap top skips these folders and goes
straight to the c-drive. We want to go directly to This PC, not quick
access; but we would like to see the list of folders. How can we make this
happen?

thanks,

Ann

Glenn / Lenny

That would piss me off if MS did this change as an update.
I like "this PC" just the way it is, there are portable drives in there,
network drives and things like OpenDrive.

Glenn