From: JM Casey
Sent: 26 September 2019 22:28
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Hey.

Well, I appreciate what you’re saying, but if you read my message, you’ll see that I *haven’t*  been having this problem with Jaws  2018, whereas it seems like most of the people who do have this problem are using Jaws 2019.

This thing you describe about the SMA – I believe it only applies to US customers, also.

Although I do know a way that I can upgrade fairly cheaply, it’s through a plan my old employer had arranged with Optiliech,  and I don’t work there anymore. 8grins*

Microsoft claims that any screen-reader that supports Windows 1903 should also support 1909.

But we will see. At least I have NVDA also if I get stuck. I’m less worried about the oS and more concerned about changes in web browsers. Recently Microsoft made some major changes to skype which caused JAWS 2018 scripts to stop functioning correctly. Now that was a pain in the arse.