moderated Do I need JAVA?

Tim Ford

Hello All,

I have the latest JAWS and Windows 10.  I recently started getting, after a hard boot or restart, an error message that JAVA had not properly loaded.  I did nothing new, and thus I have no idea why this error is coming up now.  What advice do you have for me?

Tim Ford

Andy

Most people don't use JAVA. you would only need to use JAVA if you are using a program that requires it, such as some online classes.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 2:25 PM
Subject: Do I need JAVA?

Hello All,

I have the latest JAWS and Windows 10.  I recently started getting, after a hard boot or restart, an error message that JAVA had not properly loaded.  I did nothing new, and thus I have no idea why this error is coming up now.  What advice do you have for me?

Tim Ford

There's no way anyone can really answer this, as it depends entirely on whether you use any online apps or websites that use Java.

I would uninstall the Java Runtime Environment from Control Panel, Programs & Features then see how things go.  If you do end up needing Java for something you can just download and reinstall it again, which is what you'll do anyway if you wish to try to resolve this issue.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

JM Casey

One offline product that requires the Java Runtime Environment to run properly is the database software component of OpenOffice (and, I imagine, libre as well).

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: September 23, 2019 5:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do I need JAVA?

There's no way anyone can really answer this, as it depends entirely on whether you use any online apps or websites that use Java.

I would uninstall the Java Runtime Environment from Control Panel, Programs & Features then see how things go.  If you do end up needing Java for something you can just download and reinstall it again, which is what you'll do anyway if you wish to try to resolve this issue.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer