From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of mweiler@...
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 12:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Multiple speech schemes?

Can a speech scheme be set up so one voice says the text content of a page and another voice describes what the content is? Web Rent-a-crowd is different than what I'm after. As an example, of what I'm after, a sentence with a link would be: voice one My friend has a blog about voice two, link, voice one German Shepards.

Mark

I'm pretty sure it's a speech scheme.

Cohn, Jonathan

Here is a general idea of what to do.
1. Open up settings center.
2. search for modify
3.  click modify scheme
4. Create a new scheme and then edit it.
5. Change the tab to controls There will be a list of about 90 controls. For each control you can ignore, speak with standard speech, speak with a different voice alias or play a wav sound.
I don't know how to add new voice aliases to the list of voices listed there, but I can't imagine it being too difficult.
I only checked by changing button to play buzzer.wav and indeed the word button was replaced with a misspelling like buzzer sound.
I would love to see a sound scheme that replaced button and link and slider wit appropriate wav files.

Mark

Jonathan, thank you for responding. This works and it is helpful. However, it only seems to work with Firefox and not Chrome. Any idea why? Also, the method to add a voice alias follows:
  1. Open Up Settings Center
  2. Search for voice aliases
  3. Select Customize Voice Aliases
  4. Select Add button to add a new voice alias
  5. Restart JAWS
  6. The new voice alias will be available

Cohn, Jonathan

Interesting that you are unable to get things to work in Chrome. Any chance you could write me directly if you find anything out?