From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: September 22, 2019 7:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

It seems to me there was a solution to this little problem, but I can’t remember it. JAWS 2019 in Windows 10 gives inaccurate counts of files.  It will report that a given file is 1 of 25, when in fact there are many more than 25 files in the folder. I have changed the item type of the folder, to no avail. NVDA does this fine. The file is maximized. Is there a known fix?

Tom Behler

Can someone tell me how to check the status line so as to get an accurate file count until this issue gets fixed?

I just can’t remember the key stroke for doing this.

Thanks!

Tom Behler