moderated Pinning a Message

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

Using Microsoft Outlook, is there a way, using JAWS, that you can pin a message to the top of your inbox?  If so, how?

Rick Miller

CathyAnne Murtha

Set a follow-up for the message. Set the follow-up to “no date.”

It will stay at the top of the message list until you remove the follow-up.

CathyAnne

---
CathyAnne Murtha
Access Technology Institute
www.blind.training
cathy@...
(520) 955-6611

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 955-6611

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:34 PM -0700, "Rick Miller" <rm1263@...> wrote:

Dear Listers:

Using Microsoft Outlook, is there a way, using JAWS, that you can pin a message to the top of your inbox?  If so, how?

Rick Miller

Les Kriegler

Hi Cathyann,

When I activate the follow-up menu, the only option I see is Flag Message. This happens whether I tab to the follow-up menu and hit the space bar or by using the Shortcut Key, Alt-H followed by W. What am I missing? Thanks.

Les

cathy@blind.training

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 9:34 PM -0700, "Rick Miller" <rm1263@outlook.com <mailto:rm1263@outlook.com> > wrote:

Dear Listers:

Using Microsoft Outlook, is there a way, using JAWS, that you can pin a message to the top of your inbox? If so, how?

Rick Miller

CathyAnne Murtha

I'm not sure which version of Outlook you're using. I'm using Office 365 and use the Windows Application Menu.

1. Focus on a message in the message list
2. Open the Windows Application Menu (WINDOWS APPLICATION KEY or SHIFT-F10)
3. Press ENTER on Follow-up
4. Within he Follow-up menu, press ENTER on "No Date"

After setting the Follow-up, set your email arrangement to "Flag Status."

This puts your flagged messages at the top and your other messages sorted by date at the bottom.

Messages with "No Date" follow-ups are always at the top.

To arrange messages by Flag Status:

1. Open the View Ribbon (ALT-V)
2. Activate the "Arrange By" (AB)
3. Within the list, select "Flag Status" (L)

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha