moderated JAWS and Outlook on Windows 10

Loreal Lavigna

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard Turner

No issues here with Outlook 2016 from Office 365 and Jaws 2019 and Windows 10.

Which versions do you have?

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Van Lant, Robin

A couple months ago My Outlook 365 here at work was crashing at odd times, but it seems to have fixed itself with some update I recently installed to Office.  I haven’t updated JAWS since April or May, so it has to be the Outlook update that fixed the problem.    The most annoying crash was while spell checking.

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

It would, as usual, greatly help if you could say if you use Outlook via an Office 365 subscription or have the retail version and, if the retail version which one it is, e.g. Outlook 2013, 2016 etc.

Also, what version of Jaws do you use?

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sorry, and also the version of Windows 10, you can open the search field (Windows Key) or the run command and type WinVer, you can then review the information with the Jaws cursor or virtualize it so you can easily copy the full version/built number and paste it in your email.

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Absolutely Essential Information to Share When You Have an Issue and How to Get It

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Certain settings in your Outlook configuration may cause crashes and this is likely due to a conflict with JAWS and that particular setting.  For example, if reading pane is on in e-mail or certain groupings in Contacts can cause issues with JAWS andmay increase crashes.  Just some things to check.

Thanks,

Dan

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Loreal Lavigna

hi Richard, I have exactly the same setup. Windows 10 professional, all updates installed. Office 365, Outlook 2016, again all updates installed. Jaws 2019, again all updates installed to latest Where I see it crashing or having an issue is when I go to change folders. if I stay in one folder long enough it doesn't seem to have an issue. But the second I go to change folders all of a sudden Outlook freezes and refuses to respond.

Loreal Lavigna
Legal transcriptionist
www.facebook.com/transcripts byloreal