moderated Scanning a document in K1000 and Open Book

tom x

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a setting which can be altered in the latest versions of either K1000 or Open Book so that the display on the screen   or the saved document matches the layout of the original material?

I need to scan some technical material and have the result match the layout of the original document.  Currently the lines are joined and all over the place which is vastly different from the original document.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom

Mario

in K1000, numpad 6 will toggle between column identification between
being enabled or disabled. toggle it to disabled. if you want, don't
forget to save the configuration so the setting persists.

Does anyone know if there is a setting which can be altered in the
latest versions of either K1000 or Open Book so that the display on the
screenor the saved document matches the layout of the original material?

I need to scan some technical material and have the result match the
layout of the original document.Currently the lines are joined and all
over the place which is vastly different from the original document.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom

Mario

a slight correction and some other info:

when pressing numpad 6, make sure the numpad is set to the reading
keypad (insert+numpad - (it's a toggle that cycles)). to save the
configuration, press alt+t and then v and enter if there's only the
default configuration. you can setup (I don't know if there's a limit)
custom configurations taylored to your needs. you can switch to a custom
configuration manually after starting K1000 (alt+t and then l, arrow to
the configuration name and enter). I don't know if there's a way to
automatically load a custom configuration instead of K1000 starting with
the default configuration.

in K1000, numpad 6 will toggle between column identification between
being enabled or disabled. toggle it to disabled. if you want, don't
forget to save the configuration so the setting persists.

Does anyone know if there is a setting which can be altered in the
latest versions of either K1000 or Open Book so that the display on the
screenor the saved document matches the layout of the original material?

I need to scan some technical material and have the result match the
layout of the original document.Currently the lines are joined and all
over the place which is vastly different from the original document.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tom

.

Richard Turner

IN Openbook, there is an exact view setting that tries to maintain the original format.
So depending on if you want it to maintain columns or not, there is another setting for that.
I don't have it installed right now so I can't check.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

[...]

Ann Byrne

The OpenBook setting doesn't really maintain the format despite what it says. If I needed something exact, I would go with a commercial program like Abbyy fine reader or Prismo. Or even the native ocr package that comes with your scanner.
or At 11:26 AM 9/15/2019, you wrote:

[...]

Thanks to those who answered my query about obtaining an exact copy of the
layout of the original document.

I'll try out the suggestions.

Cheers

Tom

The OpenBook setting doesn't really maintain the
format despite what it says. If I needed
something exact, I would go with a commercial
program like Abbyy fine reader or Prismo. Or
even the native ocr package that comes with your scanner.
or At 11:26 AM 9/15/2019, you wrote:
IN Openbook, there is an exact view setting that
tries to maintain the original format.
So depending on if you want it to maintain
columns or not, there is another setting for that.
I don't have it installed right now so I can't check.

Richard

ðY­­ Live long and prosper

Book in K1000, numpad 6 will toggle between