moderated Line Spacing in Notepad

Mike B.

Hi All,

Running Windows 7 with J16 thru J2019.  How do I change line spacing in Notepad?  Doing a search suggests to click on paragraph marks and choose from the dropdown, but where the hell do I find the paragraph mark to click on?  LOL  LOL

It certainly isn't in the page set-up under the file menu, at least Jaws doesn't read it.  All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 06:24 PM, Mike B wrote:
How do I change line spacing in Notepad?
You don't.  Notepad (and I presume we're talking about straight Notepad that comes with Windows 10 and has come with all Windows for decades) is a text editor, not a word processor, and formatting options are almost non-existent.

You can change the font used, and whether lines will continue on "perpetually" or wrap, but that's about it.  That's the entirety of the Format menu.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Mike B.

Hi Brian,

Okay, I found a result doing a search, but they did say the steps were for Wordpad and not Notepad.  My mistake, I thought the steps were referring to Notepad.  Thanks much.

Sent: Friday, September 13, 2019 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: Line Spacing in Notepad

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 06:24 PM, Mike B wrote:
How do I change line spacing in Notepad?
You don't.  Notepad (and I presume we're talking about straight Notepad that comes with Windows 10 and has come with all Windows for decades) is a text editor, not a word processor, and formatting options are almost non-existent.

You can change the font used, and whether lines will continue on "perpetually" or wrap, but that's about it.  That's the entirety of the Format menu.

         ~ Eric Hoffer

Mike,

         You're quite welcome.   Wordpad is primitive and Notepad is even lower than primitive (but it does perform its simple, intended purpose quite well).

          It appears that Wordpad ships with Windows, too, as I know for certain I never installed it.

         ~ Eric Hoffer