moderated I Cannot Complete my Google Account Creation

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am trying to create a Google account.  I have gone through all of the steps until I come to the page where it has the Google terms.  When I come to this page, I cannot find a link or button where I indicate that I agree to the terms.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who have Google accounts who can help me and advise me as to what to do.

Rick Miller

Edward Green

Hi Rick,

When Google occasionally makes me agree to its privacy policy in respect of searching, sometimes it makes me scroll down all the way to the bottom of the agreement before the accept button appears. Does it need you to do the same or perhaps open the link to the terms before the relevant button shows up?

Cheers,

Ed

On 13 Sep 2019, at 06:10, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

Dear Listers:

I am trying to create a Google account.  I have gone through all of the steps until I come to the page where it has the Google terms.  When I come to this page, I cannot find a link or button where I indicate that I agree to the terms.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who have Google accounts who can help me and advise me as to what to do.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I’ve done that very thing.  I’ve read the agreement, then have gone to the “Terms,” page, but on both pages the agree button is still not showing up.  By the way, I have JAWS 2019’s latest update as well as Windows 10.

Rick Miller

When Google occasionally makes me agree to its privacy policy in respect of searching, sometimes it makes me scroll down all the way to the bottom of the agreement before the accept button appears. Does it need you to do the same or perhaps open the link to the terms before the relevant button shows up?

Cheers,

Ed

On 13 Sep 2019, at 06:10, Rick Miller <rm1263@...> wrote:

Dear Listers:

I am trying to create a Google account.  I have gone through all of the steps until I come to the page where it has the Google terms.  When I come to this page, I cannot find a link or button where I indicate that I agree to the terms.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who have Google accounts who can help me and advise me as to what to do.

Rick Miller

I just started setting up a new Google account and when I came to the Terms and Conditions I tried the quick nav key “b” for buttons” to see if there was an “Agree” button.

The first time I pressed it I landed on “Scroll to Agree”. This means you have to scroll through the entire agreement until the “Agree” button shows up. A sighted person would scroll down through the terms and conditions until the button appears. Google has made this action more accessible by including this “Scroll to agree” button. I activated it once and it was still there, as soon as I activated it the second time I then had a “Cancel” and “Agree” button.

Regards,

Sieghard

I am trying to create a Google account.  I have gone through all of the steps until I come to the page where it has the Google terms.  When I come to this page, I cannot find a link or button where I indicate that I agree to the terms.  I’m sure there are many of you out there who have Google accounts who can help me and advise me as to what to do.

Rick Miller

Glenn / Lenny

Rick,
Did you press the letter B repeatedly?
Also, did you try Insert + F5?
HTH.
Glenn

[...]

Also, it may depend on which browser you are using.
Glenn

[...]

ratshtron

hmmm, sometimes you do have to scroll down to the end of the agreement text for the accept button to apear. Here's a strange one for you, I have two gmail accounts and of course as you can see this email is coming from a gmail address and I have no problem sending and retrieving mail with it but my second one I can only send and retrieve mail with my iphone. It will not longer work with my pc's email client at all and I have tried outlook express as well with no success. I cannot figure out why this is happening because I was able to retrieve and send before last month.

Legend has it that on Friday 9/13/2019 12:10 AM, Rick Miller said:
Dear Listers:

I am trying to create a Google account. I have gone through all of the steps until I come to the page where it has the Google terms. When I come to this page, I cannot find a link or button where I indicate that I agree to the terms. I'm sure there are many of you out there who have Google accounts who can help me and advise me as to what to do.

Rick Miller

Glenn / Lenny

That is probably because you did not turn on the allow less secure apps in your gMail account settings for that particular account.
So log into that account on-line and go into settings, and I think it may be in advanced.
This allows gMail to be accessed from eMail clients.
HTH.
Glenn

[...]

Pressing B won’t result in an “Agree” button until you scroll through the Terms and Conditions, but Google has provided a button for that and you only have to activate it twice to get through all of this material and get to the “Agree” button.

[...]

Why not use Be My Eyes and call the Google Accessibility help desk to see if they can help.