moderated getting rid of inline objects in word

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

Jaws 2019, windows 10 pro latest and word 2016.

I press CTRL shift o, there are 218 inline objects, I thought by selecting all with CTRL a and tapping delete would do the trick, but to no avail.

How can I quickly remove these?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hi,

I found the answer.

CTRL h for find and replace, type carrot g, in the next box leave it empty, then hit replace all.

All gone.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Jaws 2019, windows 10 pro latest and word 2016.

I press CTRL shift o, there are 218 inline objects, I thought by selecting all with CTRL a and tapping delete would do the trick, but to no avail.

How can I quickly remove these?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

JM Casey

Hey. Glad that method worked for you. It didn’t exactly work for me when I tried it last, but that was a large document OCRed by Adobe Aacrobat and converted to  a word document. There may have been all sorts of weird issues with it.

BTW, it’s “caret”, not “carrot”, the vegetable. 8grins*

Jaws 2019, windows 10 pro latest and word 2016.

I press CTRL shift o, there are 218 inline objects, I thought by selecting all with CTRL a and tapping delete would do the trick, but to no avail.

How can I quickly remove these?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

mike mcglashon

Can we do this with links within a document as well?

I tried “^l” in the find and replace dialog search box,

Nothing in the replace box,

no luck,

Is there another way or some other symbol to use for links?

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Jaws 2019, windows 10 pro latest and word 2016.

I press CTRL shift o, there are 218 inline objects, I thought by selecting all with CTRL a and tapping delete would do the trick, but to no avail.

How can I quickly remove these?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Jm Casey,

Lmao, my bad. I just went with the first spell check suggestion.

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Hey. Glad that method worked for you. It didn’t exactly work for me when I tried it last, but that was a large document OCRed by Adobe Aacrobat and converted to  a word document. There may have been all sorts of weird issues with it.

BTW, it’s “caret”, not “carrot”, the vegetable. 8grins*

Jaws 2019, windows 10 pro latest and word 2016.

I press CTRL shift o, there are 218 inline objects, I thought by selecting all with CTRL a and tapping delete would do the trick, but to no avail.

How can I quickly remove these?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

JM Casey

Haha..I wouldn’t have said anything, except seeing “carrot” there really cracked me up. I use a braille display more than speech nowadays so these things just jump out at me more.