Topics

moderated also requesting help/direction for purchaseRE: Need Dean's Help to Purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide

Sharon Ballantyne

Dear Dean and group members

I also tried to go to the URL offered. Reading the descriptions was find but the products link was not able to be found.

Kindly direct how one in Canada might arrange for the purchase.

With thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Sharon.ballantyne@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Terrie Terlau
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 5:36 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Need Dean's Help to Purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide

Hi Dean,

Sorry to write on list, but could not find your private address. I can’t figure out how to buy both the Word and the spoken books from the product page and I want to purchase both. My private email is terrieter@...

Thanks for any help you can give regarding how to purchase.

Best,

Terrie Terlau

Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 1:27 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Windows Keyboard Power User Guide book available

I want to announce the release of Windows Keyboard Power User Guide, available in both interactive MP3 and Word formats, starting at $15.

You can learn about it at

https://techforblind.us.

Dean

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

I’d like to apologize to the list. I did not intend for people’s efforts to purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide to generate list traffic. I will not mention the book on the list in the foreseeable future.  However it gives me a chance to talk about an annoyance I’ve been having that I suppose I should report, and which is in no way limited to my page.

I see one reason why people could have problems. I have seen this in various places. Using semi-auto forms mode, on a page with a search box or other edit fiend at the top, if I arrow down through that field, when I exit the edit field, I am summarily dropped to the bottom of the page. This does not happen on the same pages when arrowing in and out of the edit field with NVDA. It probably would also not happen if using manual forms mode.

The solution, on this and other pages, is not to arrow, even though it seems to me that one ought to be able to do so.  The best thing to do on my page is to press E for edit fields, followed by B for button when you find the one you want.  Pressing tab also avoids the problem.

Thanks.

Dean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Ballantyne
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:48 AM
Subject: also requesting help/direction for purchaseRE: Need Dean's Help to Purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide

I also tried to go to the URL offered. Reading the descriptions was find but the products link was not able to be found.

With thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Sharon.ballantyne@...

Hi Dean,

Sorry to write on list, but could not find your private address. I can’t figure out how to buy both the Word and the spoken books from the product page and I want to purchase both. My private email is terrieter@...

Best,

Terrie Terlau

I want to announce the release of Windows Keyboard Power User Guide, available in both interactive MP3 and Word formats, starting at $15.

Dean

JM Casey

I never liked any kind of auto forms mode. Although it makes for weird experiences for sighted people who might want to use the brwoser if JAWS is on, I have always found the auto mode behaviour to bea  little odd and annoying.

Purchasing your book was easy as can be, for me. The worst part was trying to remember/find my Paypal password after not having used the thing for a  while.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: September 12, 2019 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: also requesting help/direction for purchaseRE: Need Dean's Help to Purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide

I’d like to apologize to the list. I did not intend for people’s efforts to purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide to generate list traffic. I will not mention the book on the list in the foreseeable future.  However it gives me a chance to talk about an annoyance I’ve been having that I suppose I should report, and which is in no way limited to my page.

I see one reason why people could have problems. I have seen this in various places. Using semi-auto forms mode, on a page with a search box or other edit fiend at the top, if I arrow down through that field, when I exit the edit field, I am summarily dropped to the bottom of the page. This does not happen on the same pages when arrowing in and out of the edit field with NVDA. It probably would also not happen if using manual forms mode.

The solution, on this and other pages, is not to arrow, even though it seems to me that one ought to be able to do so.  The best thing to do on my page is to press E for edit fields, followed by B for button when you find the one you want.  Pressing tab also avoids the problem.

Thanks.

Dean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sharon Ballantyne
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:48 AM
Subject: also requesting help/direction for purchaseRE: Need Dean's Help to Purchase Windows Keyboard Power User Guide

With thanks.

Sharon Ballantyne

Sharon.ballantyne@...

Hi Dean,

Best,

Terrie Terlau

Dean